cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Asus ROG] G752VT-DH72 Battery Replacement Advice needed

Guardian555
Level 7
Hello, I have a G752VT-DH72 and its battery died, 0% all the time, so naturally I want to replace it.

I turned the laptop upside down and observed a "19.5 V --- 9.23A, 180W" input.

All the batteries I find online to buy are 10.5-11.2 V, and I was never able to find a 19.5V battery.

What I need to know, is that normal? Is it normal to have their voltage to be different? My logic says no and I don't want to waste money to get something that I can't use or that will blowup 🙂

So if it's indeed a no, what's the deal with this, why are the batteries different and where can I find the battery I need and what do I need to do? Could you please help me if you experienced this?

Note: I'm living in Ireland, so my currency is euro and the stores that I have to get delivery from should be within the EU. Thanks.
2 REPLIES 2

xeromist
The specs printed on the machine are for the A/C power adapter. The battery itself can have different specs and go through DC>DC conversion. You could open the machine and inspect the battery itself. You could also look to see if someone else has done a teardown with pictures or video you can examine. Obviously it would be best to simply find a battery intended to be a replacement for the G752VT. That way you know someone has done the legwork already.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

winylka
Level 7
Guardian555 wrote:
Hello, I have a G752VT-DH72 and its battery died, 0% all the time, so naturally I want to replace it.
I turned the laptop upside down and observed a "19.5 V --- 9.23A, 180W" input.

That's the spec for power brick. Here you have the battery spec, it is A32N1511. I strongly suggest not to buy cheap chineese replacements. Get it from Asus or the Zand linked above. The batteries in G752 are not easy to replace and require almost complete teardown of the laptop.