cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung 860 EVO SSD not working in Hot Swap Tray of GL12CM-DS761

jseidl123
Level 7
I recently got the DS761 GL12CM. I have been incredibly satisfied with the product, but the hot-swap tray is not working with the Samsung 860 EVO I purchased. I was just wondering if there was any advice or tips anybody might have to help troubleshoot as to why I am having this issue.

Thanks in advance to anybody who is willing to help, and thanks to ASUS for the amazing piece of machinery that I upgraded to.
3 REPLIES 3

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
Welcome to the forums!

Try to plug-in the hot-swap SSD first before powering on the unit to see if the system detects it which could indicate a connection issue if that doesn't work.

If it works when you plug-in the drive before powering on the unit, check if it makes any difference when you restart or power off/power on the system.
If it does, you may want to check if the latest bios can help with that issue.

Otherwise, is it brand new and have you tried going to disk management to partition and format it?

If you can check your SSD in another system or try a different hard drive in this one, that may give you a better idea what is going on.

Feel free to let us know how it goes and ask for more suggestions. Thanks.

You are correct, it was a new drive and I hadn't partitioned it. Thanks for the advice. Really appreciate the help.

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
Glad to help and thanks for letting us know how it turned out.