cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Spatha Questions from a New User

BarbacoaUSA
Level 7
Hi, I'm a new ROG Spatha and Armoury II software user and have some questions which are probably pretty basic. I'm hoping someone can help me.

I have used Logitech's Gaming software for Logitech mice and am accustomed to that ecosystem. Here are my questions:

• Is there a way to save or export the Spatha profiles? I'd like to back them up so if I rebuild my system, I can reload them easily.
  • I'm using the link feature to automatically load a profile when I run a game, but how do I tell the mouse to go back to the "Desktop" profile after the game closes? The profile doesn't go back to the prior one, or a "preferred" one after my game ends.
  • Is it just me, or does the Macro recording not accept keystrokes if you leave your mouse hovering over the record button after you click Record? I discovered this by mistake when I first though the software would not record my keystrokes in a macro.

On a side note, I'm loving the feel of the mouse and think I'm going to keep it as long as I can get comfortable with the software and better understand how to use it and learn what it is capable of.
7 REPLIES 7

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
1. Sorry, profiles cannot be backed up. The feature has been brought up, but not a priority at this point in time.
2. The profiles do not switch back to previous after linked programs close. For quick profile changes at any time, hold DPI+side buttons.
3. When recording macros, you need to move the cursor off the record button first.

Glad you hear you like the Spatha.

BarbacoaUSA
Level 7
Thanks for the quick reply!

Generally speaking, is it recommended to leave the Armoury II software running all the time or do folks usually just run it when they want to make profile or lighting changes etc.?

I'm thinking, if I have to manually switch between profile with the mouse buttons anyway, I may as well not run the software unless I want to change something with the profiles or mouse config light lighting, etc. is that right?

Also, when programming the profiles or making changes, I notice that the changes do not always save properly. When saving profiles, does it matter whether the mouse is connected wirelessly or connected with the wire? I am aware that the mouse and the dock should not be both plugged in at the same time, so I either keep it wired only or wireless only.

EDIT: forgot to ask before - what is the real use of the Default profile? If it cannot be changed, what do folks use it for?

BarbacoaUSA wrote:
Thanks for the quick reply!

Generally speaking, is it recommended to leave the Armoury II software running all the time or do folks usually just run it when they want to make profile or lighting changes etc.?

I'm thinking, if I have to manually switch between profile with the mouse buttons anyway, I may as well not run the software unless I want to change something with the profiles or mouse config light lighting, etc. is that right?

Also, when programming the profiles or making changes, I notice that the changes do not always save properly. When saving profiles, does it matter whether the mouse is connected wirelessly or connected with the wire? I am aware that the mouse and the dock should not be both plugged in at the same time, so I either keep it wired only or wireless only.

EDIT: forgot to ask before - what is the real use of the Default profile? If it cannot be changed, what do folks use it for?

Since you can change to each profile directly with the mouse, t's not necessary to open Armoury unless changes are necessary. It shouldn't matter whether you're wired or wireless, so long as you remember to click Save every time after changes are made.

The Spatha featured many buttons for MMOs, and the mapped keys were supposed to avoid commonly used keyboard keys. Default settings can be a profile that you can jump back to any time you forget what keys you have mapped. Default mouse buttons are best utilized if mapped to key assignments in your favorite games/genre.

BarbacoaUSA
Level 7
How can I create a macro to minimize a window in Windows? The keystrokes are normally Alt-Space then press the N key, but although that records in the Armoury macro screen, when I save it to the mouse and then try executing it on a simple window like File Explorer or Chrome, it doesn't work.

BarbacoaUSA
Level 7
Thanks MasterC. When you get a chance, perhaps you can comment on my macro issue and maybe give me a suggestion as to why my "minimize" macro doesn't work.

BarbacoaUSA wrote:
Thanks MasterC. When you get a chance, perhaps you can comment on my macro issue and maybe give me a suggestion as to why my "minimize" macro doesn't work.

Thanks for reporting that. A faster and more intuitive way to minimize/maximize/shift windows is by using Win+directional keys.

BarbacoaUSA
Level 7
Thanks for the reply and the tip.

I like to use Win-Shift-Arrows to move windows between screens, but I find that Win-DownArrow only minimized when a window is not maximized. If the window is maximized, then Win-DownArrow only makes it a Window, then I have to Win-DownArrow a second time to actually minimize it. By using the Alt-Space-N functionality, it usually works every time.