Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

vcore Manual i9 9900k + Asus Hero XI

titanxe
Level 7
Hi guys i have a question:

how can I fix the vcore?

I explain better, in "cpu core voltage" I set Manual, in idle 1.261 vcore, full 1.217. (I am stable realbench, xtu, ibt, and games bf1/5 etc..) LLC6. How can I fix the vcore so that it does not have vdrop? In x99 I had put 1,121 for 5820k @ 4ghz and it was for full and idle. I also tried to disable c-state and eist, but nothing. Bios version: 0224
Thanck you so much!
8 REPLIES 8

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
titanxe wrote:
Hi guys i have a question:

how can I fix the vcore?

I explain better, in "cpu core voltage" I set Manual, in idle 1.261 vcore, full 1.217. (I am stable realbench, xtu, ibt, and games bf1/5 etc..) LLC6. How can I fix the vcore so that it does not have vdrop? In x99 I had put 1,121 for 5820k @ 4ghz and it was for full and idle. I also tried to disable c-state and eist, but nothing. Bios version: 0224
Thanck you so much!

Hi,

Can I ask why you don't want vdroop?
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Silent Scone@ASUS wrote:
Hi,

Can I ask why you don't want vdroop?

hi, maybe I could improve with the temperatures? temp max is 63 in bf1 after 2 hours with a custom loop. But it is also my curiosity.

titanxe wrote:
hi, maybe I could improve with the temperatures? temp max is 63 in bf1 after 2 hours with a custom loop. But it is also my curiosity.

Some vdroop is healthy for the CPU. Prevents excessive overshoot. As long as you are stable, that is all that matters. One basic rule of overlocking is to run the lowest possible voltage needed for stability. This includes voltage set under VID and Vdroop. Less voltage = less heat. Always good.

Keep in mind as well that the Maximus 11 series of boards reports more accurate Vcore, so it makes Vdroop appear to be more dramatic. But as long as the system is stable you're good to go.

I also agree with x-rated…. adaptive is good for a daily system. Unless you are shooting for maximum overlock where voltage changes can disrupt stability at the upper limit, adaptive allows the system to pull less voltage and therefor less heat and power savings. I run my 9900K at 5.2GHz all cores using adaptive just fine.

x-rated
Level 8
so why dont you set voltage in adaptive mode instead? cpu won't use max. voltage for whole time and it will heat less
and update bios first, 0602 is better for tweaking everything, at least for me

x-rated wrote:
so why dont you set voltage in adaptive mode instead? cpu won't use max. voltage for whole time and it will heat less
and update bios first, 0602 is better for tweaking everything, at least for me

hi, I will try the adaptive! why do you think the last bios is better? Before updating I want to learn more about the system to see the differences.
thanks also to the others for the advice !

edit: is there a guide for the adaptive ?

jab383
Level 13
I agree with those who say adaptive core voltage with some Vdroop is good for a 24/7 system. Mine runs that way.

Then there are those of us who want to experiment and experience. My OC bench does not run with a droop.

LLC is your control for drooping. LLC6 gives what you are seeing. LLC7 gives less and may give no droop at all on some motherboards. LLC8 often gives a slight rise but may be closer to steady voltage on M11.

x-rated
Level 8
newer bios should be always better, i achieved there what i wanted better than with 0224 🙂 everything seems to be working great with 0602
just set the same voltage in adaptive mode:D

for adaptive, I set 1,270 in bios, the minimum marked by hwinfo is 0.6xx, in full 1,217 but scores a maximum vcore of 1,270! Same LLC7. Why is there a maximum of 1,270? How can I make the maximum in full 1,217?

I remember, im stable in "manual" with 1,270 bios -> full 1.217