cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rog Strix RTX 2080 not lighting up and not showing in Aura

abdorizk
Level 7
I recently build my new PC and my Asus Rog Strix RTX 2080 is not lighting up and is not showing up in Aura.

I tried re-installing Aura and also tried the Beta version and no luck
To note that the GPU is vertically mounted

I am using:
Rog Strix Z390-E motherboard
32 GB T-Force Nighthawk RBG RAM
Intel core i7-8700k
Samsung EVO 970
Running on the latest BIOS 0602

Motherboard and RAM are detected and lighting up but the GPU is not and i tried pressing the LED button and still no luck.

Can you please help
5 REPLIES 5

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
Hi,

To confirm, when you first plug in the GPU and power on the system there is no lighting present on the card, even when toggling with the LED SMT switch?

Can you confirm the header has not been disconnected on the right side of the PCB (beneath the ProbeIT points)?
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

While not the OP I am having a similar issue with similar components however the card is lighting up but only "breathing" in red. downloaded latest drivers for the card and aura sync (didn't see an option for beta).

MOBO: Rog Strix X299
CPU: I9-9940x
GPU: 2080ti
HD: 970 EVO 1TB
RAM: 32 GB T-force Nighthawk

JustinThyme
Level 13
No lights at all anywhere on the card? My new 2080Tis at first were not detected and took an update but they lit up doing a breathing red then synched fine after software update.

There are two headers. One on the end of the card does the fan housing and the backplate header is under the back plate. Makes me wonder if this has anything to do with the PCIE cable being used for the vertical mount.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

I had the same problem of the RTX 2080 not appearing in Aura Sync or lighting up. When I first installed the video card, the LEDs lit up just fine. However, after the second time firing up my rig, the LEDs did not come on. I downloaded Aura Sync and the RTX 2080 was not recognized in the software. I searched around the internet and struggled to find any solution that worked for me. I wound up fixing it by unplugging and removing the card from the PCIe slot and re-plugging it in. Once I booted up after that, the LEDs were on again and the card was now appearing in Aura Sync. Weird.....

Kryptyc
Level 8
so i had to install the Aura specfic for the graphics cards (you don't need to launch it) reboot and then it showed up for me in the main Aura software and syncs.

Version 0.0.6.1
2019/04/0211.28 MBytes
AURA_RGBLightingControl_for_Graphic_card_XG-STATION_Version 0.0.6.1

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/Graphic%20Card/NVIDIA/AURA_RGBLightingControl_for_Graphic_card_XG...