cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bizzare issue with DIMM.2 and my M.2 drives

asphalt
Level 8
Good Evening,
I am having a very bizarre issue with my current M.2 configuration. I currently have all three M.2 slots populated (two M.2 drives on the DIMM.2 card and one on the motherboard under the panel). The problem I am having is when ever utilize either of the M.2 drives installed on my DIMM.2 card, my system just shuts down and reboots.I have tried numerous configurations and am not having any luck. The two M.2 drives (Samsung 970 Pro and 970 EVO) and the third is a bit older (Samsung 950 Pro). Perhaps I am missing something in a UEFI setting and maybe I could get some advise. I am using the Rampage VI Extreme with Intel i9 7900X and do have two graphic cards in SLI.
Thank you,
Brian
22 REPLIES 22

Geekslayer
Level 7
asphalt wrote:
Good Evening,
I am having a very bizarre issue with my current M.2 configuration. I currently have all three M.2 slots populated (two M.2 drives on the DIMM.2 card and one on the motherboard under the panel). The problem I am having is when ever utilize either of the M.2 drives installed on my DIMM.2 card, my system just shuts down and reboots.I have tried numerous configurations and am not having any luck. The two M.2 drives (Samsung 970 Pro and 970 EVO) and the third is a bit older (Samsung 950 Pro). Perhaps I am missing something in a UEFI setting and maybe I could get some advise. I am using the Rampage VI Extreme with Intel i9 7900X and do have two graphic cards in SLI.
Thank you,
Brian

1. Are you using the standard Windows 10 NVMe driver or Samsung's ?
2. If you're using Samsung's ,trying going back to the standard driver.

asphalt
Level 8
Thank you for the reply, unfortunately yes I have tried both. I have even performed a clean install of Win10 , installed intel chipset drivers and having same issue.

G75rog
Level 10
Do they appear in Disk Management? Are they formatted?

In bios onboard device section on page 3.18 what is M2_1 set for? Is PCIEX8_4 set to auto?

Yes sir and yes

asphalt
Level 8
Currently auto

G75rog
Level 10
Do they appear in Disk Management? Are they formatted?

None of the M.2 cards will work connected to the DIMM.2 card either by them self or both connected.

G75rog
Level 10
Does the 950 work on the Dimm 2 card by itself?

I will double check and try your setting suggestions. Yes I normally have my sound card installed here but, realizing that I did remove the card altogether and the problem still occurred. I have had the card installed in the PCIEX4_1 slot but this was preventing my two Titans to run at 16x.