cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus XI Hero (Non-WIFI) cold boot

Joey87
Level 7
Hi All,

So I have this strange situation. I recently purchased a Maximus XI Hero motherboard (the non wifi version) and when the PC is turned off (Even the PSU is turned off) and I boot it, it restarts twice before actually posting. I push the start button, the PC starts then immediately shuts down, starts up again and shuts down once again before coming back up and it posts. All my BIOS settings are in place that I configured, so I don't know. Is this normal behavior?
If I turn it off but leave the PSU turned in this doesn't occur and otherwise I have zero issues with the board other than this strange boot process.
4 REPLIES 4

Stagefire
Level 7
Yeah so far i know this is Normal on the "MEDIMUS HERO XI" .. you can find many threats with this "BUG" here . Try Memok Switch on the Mainboard to OFF and MCE Fastboot and Fastboot in the Bios to OFF or ON .. test a bit yourself what helps you. The Hero XI is a little bit Strange and i have this to on my Hero XI .. for me it help to put the MEMOK Switch to off because i have a RAM Kit that is not Supportet by the Hero XI and i must Underclock my Dual Kit RAM from 4400 XMP to 4000 Manualy.

Joey87
Level 7
Good to know. I tried the MEMOK switch already without any luck, but if this is normal I don't really care about it as I have zero issues with the board otherwise.

oh damn, i literally just made a post on this

gupsterg
Level 13
Joey87 wrote:
Hi All,

So I have this strange situation. I recently purchased a Maximus XI Hero motherboard (the non wifi version) and when the PC is turned off (Even the PSU is turned off) and I boot it, it restarts twice before actually posting. I push the start button, the PC starts then immediately shuts down, starts up again and shuts down once again before coming back up and it posts. All my BIOS settings are in place that I configured, so I don't know. Is this normal behavior?
If I turn it off but leave the PSU turned in this doesn't occur and otherwise I have zero issues with the board other than this strange boot process.

When power is removed from board by PSU being turned off then the extra POST cycle occurs as onboard embedded controllers are setup and other settings are applied.

When PSU is not turned off from wall power, so board is getting standby power, it will not need the extra POST cycle to setup the onboard embedded controllers, etc.
Intel Defector :eek: AMD Rebel

R9 5900X - Custom WC - ASUS Crosshair VII Hero WiFi - Ballistix Sport LT 2x16GB 3800MHz C16 - RX 6800 XT - WD SN770 2TB - 2x 870 EVO 4TB

24/7 OC: i5 4690K @ 4.9GHz CPU@1.255v 4.4GHz Cache@1.10v - Archon SB-E X2 - Asus Maximus VII Ranger
Sapphire Fury X (1145/545 ~17.7K GS 3DM FS)

:eek: CPU Validation 5.198GHz@1.314v with 4.4GHz cache + RAM 2400MHz@1T :eek:
Da Music video