cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aura function gone in Armoury Crate

peperon321
Level 7
Hello, I'm new here so any correction to my mistakes is greatly appreciated. So the problem I encountered is that Aura function is gone in my Armoury Crate after a Windows Update.

^This picture shows that the aura button is missing from my Armoury Crate.

^This picture shows that the aura button is present originally in Armoury Crate. (taken online)

I've tried to:-
1. Repair Armoury Crate
2. Reinstall Armoury Crate using software provided on Asus Webpage

But neither one brings back the good old button.

Any ideas how can I solve this? Thanks in advance!
7 REPLIES 7

justaws
Level 7
I'm having the same problem, would love if someone would help us solve it. I tried contacting support but following their steps didn't help me.

justaws wrote:
I'm having the same problem, would love if someone would help us solve it. I tried contacting support but following their steps didn't help me.

Ok I fixed mine. I contacted Asus tech support and this is what I got.
What I did was uninstall the armoury crate app on my device.
Then I downloaded the new package from here https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/GamingNB/AppforWin10/ArmouryCrateService/ArmouryCrateService__ASU....

Extract the file.
Then I went to the microsoft store and downloaded the new Armoury Crate app and now all is well. Hope that helps.

mine is fixed aswell however the sync option doesn't really work? is it a problem of the update or I did something wrong? any idea?
I have a pugio mouse and it doesn't even show up on compatible devices.

justaws wrote:
mine is fixed as well however the sync option doesn't really work? is it a problem of the update or I did something wrong? any idea?
I have a pugio mouse and it doesn't even show up on compatible devices.

I have the same issue, mine is working now but aura sync is not detecting my mouse (ROG Gladius 2).

I have updated the firmware of the mouse to the latest version but still it's not working.

I hope they come up with a fix soon 😞

EDIT: Nevermind, I had to install the lighting service from the aura sync software to get it working, so now its all ok

Hello everyone,

Last week, I've built a desktop PC with the following specs:

Asus Z390 E-GAMING Mobo
Intel i7 9700K
XPG S40G SPECTRIX 512 GB SSD which advertised as a 3500 read / 3000 write SSD. no other storage unit is installed on the machine, so this is my OS drive naturally.
Windows 10 Pro x64 Bit

I noticed that my MSI GS65 laptop was faster than my desktop in some tasks, when used side by side with the desktop, which felt slow and sluggish for a pc equipped with a 3500/3000 ssd.

So i decided to run some benches on the Desktop, That's when i saw that my S40G was running at 1000 / 650 speeds. Tried with a bunch of disk benchmark softwares, including Crystal Disk Mark. After a vast investigation, i found that Asus Aura (1.0.7.71) and Asus Armoury Crate is the problem. Whenever i install one of these softwares, S40G's performance dips down to very low values. I uninstall the software, it goes back to 3500 / 2400 values. Since this is a RGB SSD, i'm now certain that Asus Aura (or Armoury Crate) RGB control drivers are causing a conflict with the drive's normal operation. But this only happens when S40G is the OS drive. If you uncheck the SSD from the peripherals list from the Aura, it also goes back to normal.

Can be seen here: https://ibb.co/mvg7tK9

I tried plugging the SSD on to 2 different m.2 sockets (m.2_1 / m.2_2), and tried it on 2 different z390 e gaming motherboards. Both gave me the same results.

This is the original thread here:
https://forums.tomshardware.com/thre...#post-21385070

i do not use neither Aura nor Armoury Crate at the moment, since dipping from 3500 to 1000 MB/s is a major issue, and needs to be addressed. I also ordered a XPG SX8200 PRO, and when it arrives, I'm gonna make it my OS drive, and check the S40G again with the Aura / Armoury Crate.

peperon321
Level 7
Kinda solved the problem. Hitting FN + Right Arrow/Left Arrow (aura right/left settings shortcut to switch between lighting mode on the fly) works...i guess?!

Has anyone found a solution to this. I just got my GL704 and it was there when I first booted up my device and after doing all the updates it disappeared.