cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GL703VM Speaker Problem

muratturatci
Level 7
Hello, i 've bought a GL703VM. It has a speaker issue. I've searched web and came across that ROG notebooks generally having speaker issues.
Is this a genereal problem and how to solve this.
I'm adding a video about sound issue
18 REPLIES 18

TopOkay
Level 8
Hi, try to put both your hands on the wrist-rest area and hold the plastic case.
If is as mine, the problem is that the speakers are too loud for plastic case and simply bring it to vibrate.

If you solve holding, the next step is to isolate the rubber pads near the speakers with something more soft, I found that this way the vibration is mitigated and the noise/reverb stop. Perhaps the rubber pads are too stiff.

Try it and let me know! 🙂

TopOkay wrote:
Hi, try to put both your hands on the wrist-rest area and hold the plastic case.
If is as mine, the problem is that the speakers are too loud for plastic case and simply bring it to vibrate.

If you solve holding, the next step is to isolate the rubber pads near the speakers with something more soft, I found that this way the vibration is mitigated and the noise/reverb stop. Perhaps the rubber pads are too stiff.

Try it and let me know! 🙂

Hi, first of all thanks for your reply. Today i went the shop which i bought my laptop. We tried two same model in there. And the result is very bad. Because the sound problem is a build fail i think. Because mine and the other two same laptops have same issue. I strongly agree with you the bad vibration sound comes from the board. But my warranty continues and i can't use your solution myself.

Asus disappoints me so bad. For this segment of laptops this kind of problem is so dummy. ASUS must make a recall for these models.

muratturatci wrote:
Hi, first of all thanks for your reply. Today i went the shop which i bought my laptop. We tried two same model in there. And the result is very bad. Because the sound problem is a build fail i think. Because mine and the other two same laptops have same issue. I strongly agree with you the bad vibration sound comes from the board.

Glad to help, and very bad to know that are all the same... it's very disappointing to have those problems on notebook of thousand $...

muratturatci wrote:
But my warranty continues and i can't use your solution myself.

No man, I don't mean to change or modify something, you can try to simply put a soft stuff under the pads 🙂

muratturatci wrote:

Asus disappoints me so bad. For this segment of laptops this kind of problem is so dummy. ASUS must make a recall for these models.

Yeah, I had also coil whine on my unit, and again seems that all same model are affected. :mad:

EDIT:
I think I found a solution, I've noticed that it's only the right zone under the right speaker (check first image), if I hold that zone the vibration disappear.
So I put the first thing I found around (a rubber washer) and interposed it between the case and the table so the case isn't free to move.
Vibration disappear, you can use this video as test (It have many sound at begin that causes vibrations).

77665 77666

So I'll search for something adesive to put under the notebook 🙂

TopOkay wrote:
Glad to help, and very bad to know that are all the same... it's very disappointing to have those problems on notebook of thousand $...

No man, I don't mean to change or modify something, you can try to simply put a soft stuff under the pads 🙂

Yeah, I had also coil whine on my unit, and again seems that all same model are affected. :mad:

EDIT:
I think I found a solution, I've noticed that it's only the right zone under the right speaker (check first image), if I hold that zone the vibration disappear.
So I put the first thing I found around (a rubber washer) and interposed it between the case and the table so the case isn't free to move.
Vibration disappear, you can use this video as test (It have many sound at begin that causes vibrations).

77665 77666

So I'll search for something adesive to put under the notebook 🙂

OMG ! I understand your sloution now. I'll try and post the results 🙂

Sorry but nothing has changed 😞

muratturatci wrote:
OMG ! I understand your sloution now. I'll try and post the results 🙂

Sorry but nothing has changed 😞

Uhm, let's proceed by steps: if you start the video and touch/hold the red zone in the last post first photo, the vibration disappear?

If yes, search something to interpose between case and table, as photo:

Use something stiff, not soft, seems works better

TopOkay wrote:
Uhm, let's proceed by steps: if you start the video and touch/hold the red zone in the last post first photo, the vibration disappear?

If yes, search something to interpose between case and table, as photo:

Use something stiff, not soft, seems works better

I've found that the vibration sound comes from keyboard and upper chassis. I've tried what you said but it has no effect on it. But thanks anyway for your kind help.

OMG, so the problem also varies according to the unit? 😧

What a "nice" quality control... well done asus... :rolleyes:

TopOkay wrote:
OMG, so the problem also varies according to the unit? 😧

What a "nice" quality control... well done asus... :rolleyes:

Very disappointing story for a device with this price range.

ASUS again?

N-E-V-E-R!

muratturatci wrote:
Very disappointing story for a device with this price range.

ASUS again?

N-E-V-E-R!

Please share your ROG speaker issues with me. I think it's a congenital disability.