Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by muratturatci View Post
    Please share your ROG speaker issues with me. I think it's a congenital disability.
    I've send my device to service center. Let's see what will happen?

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array hexaae PC Specs
    hexaae PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ASUS Gaming Laptop GL703GS
    MotherboardIntel HM370 Cannon Lake-H
    Processori7-8750H
    Memory (part number)32GB DDR4 @2666MHz (dual-channel)
    Graphics Card #1NVidia GTX 1070 8GB
    Monitor1080p 144Hz 17" G-Sync AUO B173HAN03.2
    Storage #11TB SSD Crucial MX300
    Storage #2NVMe Samsung PM916
    Mouse Microsoft PN7-00004 Bluetooth Mobile Mouse 3600
    Mouse Pad MouseRug collection
    Headset/Speakers Realtek HD (ALC295)
    OS Windows 10 x64
    Accessory #1 XBox One S Bluetooth Gamepad
    Accessory #2 Competition Pro USB arcade joystick SpeedLink SL-6603-SPORTS-EU

You're so lucky... My GL703GS has much worse audio issue: frequent crackles and popping.

EDIT: 2nd RMA and mobo changed solved this issue too. No more crackles and poppings.
    Last edited by hexaae; 01-19-2019 at 11:53 PM.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by hexaae View Post
    You're so lucky... My GL703GS has much worse audio issue: frequent crackles and popping.
    The service center has examined my laptop. They replaced the speaker but nothing has changed. Today they call me to replace the notebook or refund. I surely choose refund because the ROG series is totally crap. Never spend your mmoney on newer ASUS devices. This is a friendly warning.

ROG Member Array

I have a new GL703GS with the same sound problem. Any news about it? My free bluetooth speakers have a better sound ...

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Exhibou View Post
    I have a new GL703GS with the same sound problem. Any news about it? My free bluetooth speakers have a better sound ...
    What is your counry? Where did you buy the device?

I'm really sorry for your situation. ASUS ROG Series is such a shame. Service gives a report about refund. Because the problem can not be fixed by replacing the speakers. The problem is unsolvable. Because, as i said it's a factory fail production of series. I suggest you to request a refund. And go away from asus to buy any BRAND.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by muratturatci View Post
    What is your counry? Where did you buy the device?

I'm really sorry for your situation. ASUS ROG Series is such a shame. Service gives a report about refund. Because the problem can not be fixed by replacing the speakers. The problem is unsolvable. Because, as i said it's a factory fail production of series. I suggest you to request a refund. And go away from asus to buy any BRAND.
    I live in germany and bought the laptop on a german online shop. I have replaced the laptop through the shop but the problem also exists with the new laptop. Apart from the sound everything is great and I really like the laptop. I will keep the laptop and eventually try to fix the vibration on myself. I also had another problem with the laptop: The touchpad sometimes did not react or was delayed. I had to fix the problem myself because the support is not competent. It was a driver problem and Asus wanted to fix the laptop. I expected a lot more from Asus and the support. Once and never again.

EDIT: I am an absolute Logitech fan and bought good speakers from this brand which I mostly use. Fortunately, I do not have to endure the laptop sound very often.
    Last edited by Exhibou; 01-08-2019 at 06:19 PM.

ROG Member Array

I hope you could fix your laptops problems Have a nice day.

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array hexaae PC Specs
    hexaae PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ASUS Gaming Laptop GL703GS
    MotherboardIntel HM370 Cannon Lake-H
    Processori7-8750H
    Memory (part number)32GB DDR4 @2666MHz (dual-channel)
    Graphics Card #1NVidia GTX 1070 8GB
    Monitor1080p 144Hz 17" G-Sync AUO B173HAN03.2
    Storage #11TB SSD Crucial MX300
    Storage #2NVMe Samsung PM916
    Mouse Microsoft PN7-00004 Bluetooth Mobile Mouse 3600
    Mouse Pad MouseRug collection
    Headset/Speakers Realtek HD (ALC295)
    OS Windows 10 x64
    Accessory #1 XBox One S Bluetooth Gamepad
    Accessory #2 Competition Pro USB arcade joystick SpeedLink SL-6603-SPORTS-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Exhibou View Post
    The touchpad sometimes did not react or was delayed. I had to fix the problem myself because the support is not competent. It was a driver problem and Asus wanted to fix the laptop.
    Please can you list the driver that fixed the problem with touchpad and a download link maybe? Could be useful to others...

ROG Member Array

GL703GS
    Similar sound problems. Laptop warranty. I found a temporary solution (as long as the warranty is valid) without interfering with the inside of the laptop and without breaking the seal.
    You will need a piece of foam rubber 3 mm thick. Rubber moderately soft, feels like rubber. We cut a piece under the hard drive, put the rubber on the installation site of the hard drive, put the hard drive there and fasten the hard drive with a slight tightness. It is necessary to create a small effort with screws on the case.

ATTENTION: do not tighten the screws fastening the hard disk until it stops, you can damage the thread. All operations you do at your own risk!
    A small minus of this refinement is that a small mound appears on the outside, which can touch the screen. Therefore, during transportation, I recommend to lay a soft cloth between the screen and the body so as not to damage the screen.
    Good luck to all!

Оригинал:

GL703GS
    Аналогичные проблемы со звуком. Ноутбук на гарантии. Нашел временное решение (пока действует гарантия) без вмешательства во внутреннюю часть ноутбука и не срывая пломбы.
    Вам понадобиться кусок вспененной резины толщиной 3 мм. Резина в меру мягкая, по ощущениям напоминает каучук. Вырезаем кусок под жесткий диск, кладем резину на место установки жесткого диска, кладем туда жесткий диск и прикручиваем с небольшим натягом винчестер. Необходимо создать небольшое усилие винтами на корпус.

ВНИМАНИЕ: не затягивайте винты крепления жесткого диска до упора, можете что нить повредить. Все операции вы проводите на свой страх и риск!
    Небольшой минус данной доработки заключается в том, что с наружной стороны появляется небольшой бугор, который может касаться экрана. Поэтому во время транспортировки рекомендую прокладывать мягкую тряпку между экраном и корпусом, чтобы не повредить экран.
    Всем удачи!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2