Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Question

thank you man to back to me is kkind from you.

oh i understand, i was searching this 200% to follow the tutorial of setting of Der8auer (the youtuber) because he have the same motherbaord and cpu as me and he delied like me (i am on direct die). he put on his setting those 200%.

2 questions please:

1- if i activate with jumper this LN2 mod do i will have other things appear or motherboard will react different without ? regarding the manual is like it will react different way for the sensor and allow to not use some of them to report error etc...

2- if you know well this Bios motherboard settings and in overclocking can you please tell me what to put in the bios settings to have the best overclock possible ?
    i have this setup:

- 9900k oc to 5.1 or 5.2 but not stable at the moment (i just delid it, i will normaly install it in direct die without the IHS)
    - Asus Maximus XI Extreme
    - 4x 8gb G. Skill 4266
    - 2x NVMe 970 Pro 1gb (will set in RAID 0)
    - an old Titan black (non pascal but older) (when i will have money will buy an rtx 2080)
    - Enermax Platimax DF 1200W PSU

- watercooling system with an MO-RA3 Pro radiator 8x180 Silverstone (i dont install yet my custom watercooling)

thank you

Super Moderator Array

I would simply set ratio to 51x ,everything else auto, observe what prediction pane says v req for 5100 non avx, save exit with vcore auto, and start with some cinebench runs to check stability and temp and move onto more stress ful benches after, tweaking voltage if unstable

thank you Shamino

Shamino i wanted to put my 2 970 pro in raid 0 but i have to choose between the dimm slot nvme or the normal socket nvme...

i will put soon i hope an evga 2080 ti on the pcie 1

then somebody answer me that: (Shamino what you think about this answe ???)

>>>>>
    If you put NVMe drives in RAID 0 in NVMe slots you won't see better performance because these are connected to chipset (PCIe 3.0 x4) which will limit the speed like it was just one drive. DIMM.2 Slot is connected directly to the CPU PCIe lanes but performance of your graphics card (2080 Ti) will be limited because DIMM.2 will limit your PCIe 1 and 2 lanes to PCIe 3.0 8x. Third one and the x1 are connected to the chipset too so you can put sound card there without losing performance.
    For RAID 0 and maximum graphic card performance you need a X299 motherboard and CPU for it. On 1080 Ti and 2080 there is 1-3% loss of performance, so it is worse on 2080 Ti.
    >>>>>

no body can help me please ?

ROG Guru: Gold Belt Array Menthol PC Specs
    Menthol PC Specs
    MotherboardM 10 Apex / XI gene
    Processor8700K / 9900K
    Memory (part number)2x8 Gskill Trident Z 4266/2x2x8 Gskill Trident Z 4500
    Graphics Card #1RTX 2080ti / GTX 1060
    Sound CardSoundBlaster Ae5 / Onboard
    MonitorBENQ 32" 4K
    Storage #1Intel 900p 480GB/Samsung 960 Pro 1TB
    Storage #2Intel 750 1.2TB/Plextor 1 TB 2X 950 Pro
    CPU CoolerCorsair H150i AIO / H1110i
    CaseCorsair 740 ? Lian Li Air
    Power SupplyCorsair AX 1200i / AX 1200i
    Keyboard Corsair
    Mouse ASUS Strix
    Headset HyperX Cloud Alpha
    Mouse Pad ASUS
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z906
    OS 10 X64 Pro
    Network RouterVerizon Fios
    Accessory #1 Intel Wifi BT pcie card
    Accessory #2 Red Bull
    Accessory #3 English Breakfast Tea

Unless you do something that moves a great number of files a lot you will not notice much if any difference between a raid array or single drive using NVME drives.
    Performance of a single GPU running at x8 compared to x16 speed is almost not noticeable except looking at benchmark numbers
    A single GPU of the power needed by what you do at the resolution you do it at is better than 2 lesser powered GPU's

Yes a system with more pcie lanes than needed is more suitable for multi GPU, Raid systems

yes i am looking the benchmark and i have the asus 27é 4k 144hz

my question is important, is not about if my eyes will see the difference to gain few fps, or to an operation will faster of 3 seconds like overclocking the 9900k i hope i can oc to 5.2 even i will not see the difference when i am actualy at 5.0 stable this wy i delid and put my waterblock in direct die for an stable oc i fault the 200% can be reach too but here too people dont have answer and the asus staff just look dont mind

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array Phillyflyer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fraizer View Post
    yes i am looking the benchmark and i have the asus 27é 4k 144hz

my question is important, is not about if my eyes will see the difference to gain few fps, or to an operation will faster of 3 seconds like overclocking the 9900k i hope i can oc to 5.2 even i will not see the difference when i am actualy at 5.0 stable this wy i delid and put my waterblock in direct die for an stable oc i fault the 200% can be reach too but here too people dont have answer and the asus staff just look dont mind
    Bud...with all do respect...seems your stuck on the CPU 200% current limit for whatever reason.....latest bios has the max limit of 140%....that not gonna change...for whatever reason it was removed...Honestly ??? ...Your not gonna need more than 140%.....If your goal is to OC @ 5.2 ghz....the board and ...if you have a good chip...will do that...but expect to see temps in the high 80's to 90 degree range as the 9900k does run hot at that frequency even with a custom loop..
    I see that you have the chip delidded...may I ask what your temps are like ?
    Have been dancing with the thought myself.
    Asus ROG Maximus XI EXTREME
    Intel i7 9900K OC'D @ 5.2 GHZ @ 1.345V (1.296V LOAD) LLC 6 PRIME 95 STABLE 8 HRS
    XSPC RX360 Rad (6)Scythe Gentle Typhoon 1850 RPM Fans In Push/Pull @ 1500 RPMS
    Swiftech Drive II / Swiftech MCP35X Pump
    Enermax Platimax 1200 Watt Power Supply
    32GB G.Skill F4-3866C18Q-32GTZR 3866 MHZ CL18 1.35V (OC 4266MHZ 17-18-18-41-2T @1.45V)
    MSI GTX 1070 SEA HAWK EK X SLI WITH ASUS HB RGB
    (5)Samsung 840 Pro 128 GB In Raid 0
    (2) WD 1TB Black Edition
    Corsair 900 D

@Phillyflyer
    i know a person who have my card with last bios and he can go to 170% not 140 like me and not 200% like der8auer. then i dont think is because the bios... i change for anothermotherboard but with same hardware release then i am at 140% again...

with the 200% is not to oc more but to have i think (maybe i am worng, but regarding the tuto of Der8auer...) is to have better stability.

Phillyflyer i dont want to abuse of your time but do you think is possible to give me precise data and options setting to oc all based only on your settings ? i ask you that because regarding your post you are kind of master in asus oc .

like this i will have an good stting base of oc on this motherboard.

for my delid direct die temp is not realy precise because i dont realy make an good oc before that.. i put bad settings mixed with differnts advises... this why i asked you if it is possible to give me an setting A to Z. to base my test on that.

regarding my cpu when i delid the solder was good mean thin compare of what i saw from others then i think i gain about 15-20 with direct die ... but it was with an AIO watercooling and seem was defect then i return it.

i will receive this friday another XI extreme and in few days like 6 9900K with another aio watercooling (i have an custom hard watercooling i cant play with it to test, i will put it when i will be sure the motherboard is good ).

i will compare exactly the temp before delid and after and i will give them to you, for the base test i am thinking to order an corsair 115i aio 360 rad (you think is good ?).

Lightbulb

compare to other famous youtuber i do a good delid is mean its not look trash like there delid because they keep solder on it who is realy realy bad for heat transfert... i am realy suprise how dear8auer do his delid... this guy for me he is the best delid guy and he have alot of knowledge in oc but he delid badly his cpus even before intel soldered them. I realy which to have his knowledge but with my work i cant spend his time on oc and hardware ^^ but when i do something i do it as perfect possible.. of course when i have the knowledge ... on oc i dont have that compare to you

here is my post where i request help for the OC :

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...275#post752275

here is my 9900k delid 3 weeks ago

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20181212_223906_001_resized.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	961.9 KB 
ID:	77826

Name:	20181213_000043_resized.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	701.2 KB 
ID:	77827

Name:	20181213_092600_resized.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	1.42 MB 
ID:	77828
    Last edited by Fraizer; 12-28-2018 at 01:33 AM.

Administrator Array Silent Scone@ROG's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fraizer View Post
    @Phillyflyer
    i know a person who have my card with last bios and he can go to 170% not 140 like me and not 200% like der8auer. then i dont think is because the bios... i change for anothermotherboard but with same hardware release then i am at 140% again...

with the 200% is not to oc more but to have i think (maybe i am worng, but regarding the tuto of Der8auer...) is to have better stability.

Phillyflyer i dont want to abuse of your time but do you think is possible to give me precise data and options setting to oc all based only on your settings ? i ask you that because regarding your post you are kind of master in asus oc .

like this i will have an good stting base of oc on this motherboard.

for my delid direct die temp is not realy precise because i dont realy make an good oc before that.. i put bad settings mixed with differnts advises... this why i asked you if it is possible to give me an setting A to Z. to base my test on that.

regarding my cpu when i delid the solder was good mean thin compare of what i saw from others then i think i gain about 15-20 with direct die ... but it was with an AIO watercooling and seem was defect then i return it.

i will receive this friday another XI extreme and in few days like 6 9900K with another aio watercooling (i have an custom hard watercooling i cant play with it to test, i will put it when i will be sure the motherboard is good ).

i will compare exactly the temp before delid and after and i will give them to you, for the base test i am thinking to order an corsair 115i aio 360 rad (you think is good ?).
    Regarding Current Capability - this function does not relate to stability. It is the VRM current threshold trip point. It only needs adjustment if one is breaching OCP (overcurrent protection), which judging from your posts doesn’t seem to be the case.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2