ROG Member Array

maximus xi apex or gene

https://www.asus.com/microsite/mothe...ntel-Z390/ROG/

They both have been announced, but no products in NA(Canada), even the Gene was shown at launch day on newegg youtube with asus reps.

Any ETA, I'm really looking to get the Apex. My wallet is waiting...

ROG Enthusiast Array

Same here, this and the Strix 2080 Ti + EK waterblock are the only ones left for my build. Hopefully before January ends.

ROG Guru: Blue Belt Array jab383 PC Specs
    jab383 PC Specs
    Motherboard24/7 rig : Maximus VI Extreme
    Processori7 4790K
    Memory (part number)16GB Mushkin Redline 2400 10-12-12-28 + 16GB Corsair Vengeance 2400 10-12-12-31
    Graphics Card #1AMD Firepro W5000
    Sound CardM6E Supreme FX
    MonitorDell U2413
    Storage #1Kingston SH103S3240G SSD
    Storage #2Seagate ST1000DM003 1TB
    CPU CoolerCustom water loop, Delidded, Liquid Metal TIM
    CaseCoolerMaster HAF XM
    Power SupplyCorsair HX-750
    Keyboard Logitech G710+
    Mouse Logitech M705
    OS Windows 7 64 Pro

Both look like viable choices for serious overclocking. Their 2-slot (single DIMM per channel) RAM layout is claimed to reach DDR4-4800 compared to 4400 on the 4-slot boards. That's the real advantage of these two. In the past, the Extreme, Apex, Gene and usually Formula shared ASUS best BIOS. The difference between them is size. Most of that is in PCIe slots. I'll have to check the spec pages when published to see whether the smaller Gene has compromised on VRM phases or capacity.

There are other viable choices, too. With BIOS upgrade the 9900K's will run on Maximus X boards, but he Z390 is supposed to overclock the 9900K family better than the Z370. I have run the M10A at DDR4-4400, but not higher and the timing sweet spot is about 4133. For my competitive overclocking, the OC Panel is an important accessory. There is no connection for that handy tool on Maximus XI boards and no indication of a replacement for the OC Panel's functions. That's a strong driver for me to stay with the M10A.

The EVGA Z390 Dark has a unique approach to VRM size and cooling and placement of DRAM's -- CPU socket is turned 90 degrees. They rate potential DRAM speed to 4600MHz. Some functional improvements make up what EVGA was lacking for convenient manual overclocking. With the absence of the OC Panel on M11's, the z390 Dark is looking like a closer competitor for my needs.
    Last edited by jab383; 12-21-2018 at 01:41 PM.

ROG Member Array

finally the spec page is up https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/ROG-MAXIMUS-XI-APEX/

https://twitter.com/ASUS_ROG/status/1076386960678236161

I hope you don't region lock it like the GENE.... only Europe sucks....

Btw any ETA for Canada? Can I buy directly from Asus? ???? The wait is already too long..... I waited for the gene for it to NEVER come...

ROG Enthusiast Array

The Gene is surprisingly available here in my country but it comes with a massive premium since only one retailer has it. However, looks like I would have to buy the Apex from Amazon since retailers are telling me ASUS doesn't have plans to sell it here in my country.

ROG Member Array

Any Asus rep can give some ETA?

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Special-Kthx View Post
    Any Asus rep can give some ETA?
    I've seen some thai reviews and some spanish now, any idea when i can buy this in Canada

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Special-Kthx View Post
    I've seen some thai reviews and some spanish now, any idea when i can buy this in Canada

Can you link me the reviews?

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by jelome1989 View Post
    Can you link me the reviews?
    https://translate.google.com/transla...0/&prev=search

ROG Member Array

Ive been asking everywhere on their facebook, no one answered me. I thought they would show it at CES but no.... I keep on watching those asians reviews too but nothing in NA. And I hope I can buy in Canada. It was announced late october..... On the launch day , on newegg’s youtube channel, they showed the gene but they don’t even sell it in NA.