cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can i buy this RAM

webpoxid
Level 7
Hello, i've bought a G703vi with a single 16gb ram.

I could find the model : APACER 2800 DDR4 : 76.D305G.D060B
But could you please tell me where i could find another one to activate the dual channel on my new computer? Nothing on the Asus Store and couldn't find it on google.

Thank you
4 REPLIES 4

MrRuckus
Level 10
Those could be OEM only parts. If you get other Ram with the same timings and voltage, you should be fine mixing the two as they very well could share the same chips. In my experience mixing ram with the exact same timings and voltage can normally be done without ill effects.
(ROG has simply become too expensive compared to the competition with same specs... 😞 )
MSI GE75 Raider 10SGS - i7 10750H - RTX 2080 Super - 32GB Ram - 1TB WD NVMe - 2TB 960 EVO - 300Hz 17inch Display
RETIRED: ALIENWARE R17 R5 - i7 8750H - GTX 1070 @ 1.9Ghz - 16GB DDR4 - NVMe 970 EVO 1TB - SSD 960 EVO 1TB
SOLD: ASUS G703VI-XH74K, RETIRED: ASUS G752VY-DH72, RETIRED: ASUS G750JH DB71 , RETIRED:ASUS G74Sx DH72

MrRuckus wrote:
Those could be OEM only parts. If you get other Ram with the same timings and voltage, you should be fine mixing the two as they very well could share the same chips. In my experience mixing ram with the exact same timings and voltage can normally be done without ill effects.

Hello, thank you for your reply.

In that case, could the dual channel be activated?

It might be. Depends on what ram you get and if they like each other in dual channel. If you want to be 100% sure get a dual channel pair kit and sell this 16GB.
If you go for unpaired RAMs you might experience random crashes or slowdowns or you might not. Hit or miss in my opinion. I had stories of the same rams go well in dual channel or they did not like each other. It is a hit or miss as I written earlier. You have to go for as close serial numbers as possible.

webpoxid
Level 7
Thanks a lot, so i check for a 2x8gb replacement.

Have a nice day