cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AURA and Z370F gaming - how to connect LED strips?

piotrl
Level 7
Hi guys,

my mobo has 2 rgb headers with 4 pins. But my led stip from asus has 3 pin connect. So how can I connect strips to mobo? I have 4 strips.

Thanks77707

4 REPLIES 4

pndiode
Level 11
Use the addressable extension cable you should have got with your motherboard accessories.

Then connect it to the addressable LED strip and then to addressable RGB header (ADD_HEADER) Note: Maximum 60 LEDs (5 volts).

Do not connect it to the 4-pin RGB header (RGB_Header1) Note: Maximum length 2 meters (12 volts).

If you plug those ROG addressable LED strips in to the 4-pin RGB header they will shine like the sun for a nanosecond and might burst into flames.

pndiode wrote:
Use the addressable extension cable you should have got with your motherboard accessories.

Then connect it to the addressable LED strip and then to addressable RGB header (ADD_HEADER) Note: Maximum 60 LEDs (5 volts).

Do not connect it to the 4-pin RGB header (RGB_Header1) Note: Maximum length 2 meters (12 volts).

If you plug those ROG addressable LED strips in to the 4-pin RGB header they will shine like the sun for a nanosecond and might burst into flames.

Ok but I have 4 strips. Two for left side a two for right side of the chasis. So ADD_HEADER is used now by 2 strips. So I need one more header to connect 2 strips on the right side. Maybe there is adapter?

Ch3vr0n
Level 10
Coolermaster has an Y adapter that's compatible with aura sync and split's 1 header into 3

piotrl
Level 7
I don't understand why there is no 4 pin ASUS LED strip on market? Why I have 2 useless 4 PIN RGB headers and only one usable 3 PIN ADD Header?