cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG HB SLi Bridge For 60mm Spacing - Vega Water Build

rjbarker
Level 11
Just got my new Vega Build "just about" completed...waiting for a little bling (RGB Strips) BUT absolutely HATE the stock ROG Bridge that came with MXI Extreme....cant seem to find this https://www.asus.com/us/Graphics-Cards-Accessories/ROG-SLI-HB-BRIDGE/wheretobuy/
Anywhere in Canada......

Really want the 60mm Bridge to complete the build....anyone know where I can order and have shipped to Canada? Would really appreciate getting the "nice" SLi Bridge on here....btw they're 1080Ti SLi with EK Full Water Blocks and backplates....

For Vega build:

10 REPLIES 10

rjbarker
Level 11
Anyone...rep from ASUS maybe...?.....the product is available at the ASUS.com (US only) store but they dont ship to Canada.

Unfortunately could not get confirmation that any of the ASUS ROG SLi Bridges are 60mm spacng...seems the ones available are 80mm......dont want to risk spending upwards $100 to get one that wont work....settled on a MSI Black n Silver that states "60mm" spacing....thanks though!

I think the MSI Black n Silver with the dragon lit up in the middle should go nice in the case....I have so many different manufacturer parts anyhow...Corsair.....ASUS....Evga...Samsung....XSPC...EKWB....Too bad EK wouldnt come up with a cool Bridge (thats compatible with there FC Blocks).....

rjbarker
Level 11
Thanks Arne !! I'll check it out...appreciate the reply!

JustinThyme
Level 13
Too many on the market now. I’m actually looking to dump the aura anabled HB and just cover up that ugly thing that comes in the box. Zotac makes one that’s solid black with a single white led in the middle to show its active with Zero branding on it! I’m sitting on two of the ROG of different spacings because they can never make up their mind on exactly what 3 slots means.*

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

JustinThyme wrote:
Too many on the market now. I’m actually looking to dump the aura anabled HB and just cover up that ugly thing that comes in the box. Zotac makes one that’s solid black with a single white led in the middle to show its active with Zero branding on it! I’m sitting on two of the ROG of different spacings because they can never make up their mind on exactly what 3 slots means.*

I now thats the problem...instead of 4 slot...3 slot...2 slot spacing etc etc etc ...how about simple 2 way 60mm or 2 way / 3 way / 4 way 80mm ......I think its a conspiracy to get folks to purchase the wrong ones ..... 😉

rjbarker wrote:
I now thats the problem...instead of 4 slot...3 slot...2 slot spacing etc etc etc ...how about simple 2 way 60mm or 2 way / 3 way / 4 way 80mm ......I think its a conspiracy to get folks to purchase the wrong ones ..... 😉

Yes it’s annoying as no one uses the same standard with the naming conventions. ASUS even changes from one build to the next. Right now most SLI spacing if you use the recommended slots is referred to as 3 slot spacing yet you go to buy an SLI waterblock bridge and it goes by a different standard. Some count slot to spot, some count bottom of first card to slot of next, some are spaces between cards. *The all use the same darn slot spacing so why not just give out measurements? Nah can’t be doing that, we need to keep the confusion so we can sell 2 or 3 different non refundable bridges. **

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

JustinThyme wrote:
Yes it’s annoying as no one uses the same standard with the naming conventions. ASUS even changes from one build to the next. Right now most SLI spacing if you use the recommended slots is referred to as 3 slot spacing yet you go to buy an SLI waterblock bridge and it goes by a different standard. Some count slot to spot, some count bottom of first card to slot of next, some are spaces between cards. *The all use the same darn slot spacing so why not just give out measurements? Nah can’t be doing that, we need to keep the confusion so we can sell 2 or 3 different non refundable bridges. **

My thoughts exactly....when working with my past X58 and X79 builds everything was compatible....all 80mm spacing between PCI-E Slots....even the EK SLi Terminal Blocks were compatible......something I didnt even think about when I switched to non HEST build (z390 chipset vs X299).....frigging Terminal Block wont work....thankfully EK is always good for support and ensuring I order the right part!!!

Then this can of worms trying to find a decent SLi Bridge .....I formally had a nice Evga Bridge....Asus really should include a decent HB Sli Bridge packaged with there "Extreme" branded boards...I was actually somewhat disspointed at the lack of "bling" in the MXI-E box compared to my RIV-E ......by bling I mean sleeved SATA cables (all not just one....who the hess has one drive ?)......nice HB SLi Bridge....how about a sleeved Molex extension cable for the additional PCI-E power port.....even a single RGB strip (instead of just an RGB extension cable)... .a few things like this would have been nice considering the Board retails for $800 CAD !!!!

Im sure thats why there are so many BNIB SLi Bridges on Ebay....everyone is purchasing the wrong ones 😉

JustinThyme
Level 13
😂 EBay Sales!! 😂*

What’s worse is people will buy the ones from eBay thinking they got a better deal and make the same mistake the seller did but now they are stuck with them!!*

What’s worse with the lack of blink is there are downloads where you can get a 3D print file for a few ROG logos. My question with this is......Really??? The $2 (and this is stretching it) to make and include them with the bridges or in the least a mail in voucher to get the design you want for the bridge you are using *breaks the bank? The even an extra coat of colored opaque resin on the side that shows? Only thing uglier than the last set of bridges were the original ones that were first released and just plastic ribbon.*

Idiocy on the part of the marketing dept to spend oodles on an RGB scheme that only works in the default unicorn vomit mode and put those butt ugly bridges in the box? I’d rather have a nicely graphed MOBO , same color even, keep the unicorn dust and give me a decent SLI bridge. I darn near bought a Sage 10G but the one thing that kept me is the nasty looking heat pipe covering the right half of the board. If I thought one of the water block companies was going to have some offerings I’d be all over it. Just don’t have it in me to do trial and error using other blocks to make it work. Very Much a niche market on that one but the caveat is you can use whatever 2 slots you want to get 16X on the GPUs and thereby if the the SLI block is wrong....move the card! LOL