cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Centurion Software causes Jurassic World Evolution to crash

Maethor
Level 7
Hi there,

I just bought Jurassic World Evolution on Steam and want to play it. The first experience with this game was: It doesn't launches, it directly crashing and the game is closed with an PoPUp-Window opened for sending Crash Issues and Information to the developer.

Now I looking up around for solving this problem. Some guys recommended to install very old graphicard drivers to get it run, but I don't trust them. I looking around for official answer of the developers and more. Well an official answer of the developer Frontier I found and it says: They see that I have Asus Sonic Studio installed and they figured out that this is the problem. Please deinstall and try again. Other User did this and it worked fine for them. I use the Asus ROG Centurion and I like this Headset, but it is only useful and good, when you can use the Software for this Headset. So well I tried many things out instead of deinstalling this Software. Go back and tested older graphic drivers, but it doesn'T work as I expected. So after a few more tests I have no other idea and I disable the software of the headset. (Close the Process via Taskmanager and get it away from autostart.) Then I restart my pc without the Sonic Studio running and now look: It is right. The game runs without any problem. It started, I can do missions all is working fine. So next test maybe the game can be tricked, when starting the software while the game is already running. At this moment I started the Software of my Asus ROG Centurion the game automatically closed and the game crash Issue Window pop up shows again. So it is clearly seen that these crashes were caused by the Sonic Studio Software of the Asus ROG Centurion. Sonic Studio Version 1.1.17.

Have someone of you an idea how to fix this without loosing functionality of something? Or an better idea than refounding the game? How I can get Jurassic World Evolution running with my SOnic Studio?

Please get a fix of this or have an workaround without disabling the software.
7 REPLIES 7

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
Is this the only game causing issues for you?
The audio station has the DSP and amplifier built in, the software is just providing convenience and few more extra controls. Can you take screenshots of your error messages?

Maethor
Level 7
Hey there,
sorry for this late answer, but it was a bit busy these days.
Yes this is the only game, which causing this issues. Well okay the software providing more comfort, but I really like this comfort 🙂
The error message isn't very helpful I think, becuase it doens'T really shown an excat error or error message except the statement: Oh it seems jurassic world evolution has crashed.
Here it is. I am sorry, but thje text is only in german.

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
Do you have another system to test the game on?
Anyone else with this game having the same issue?

Maethor
Level 7
I can try it on my GF's system, but she uses this software too (not for the centurion. The version for the ROG Strix Wireless 7.1) Well some guys have this problem and they deleted the software. My reference are the discussion board on steam. I can tell you my experiences later.

Maethor wrote:
I can try it on my GF's system, but she uses this software too (not for the centurion. The version for the ROG Strix Wireless 7.1) Well some guys have this problem and they deleted the software. My reference are the discussion board on steam. I can tell you my experiences later.

There are different versions of Sonic Studio for different products, you are using the correct version for the Centurion (1.1.17) so please install this. Let us know how you go on a different system.

Sebastian198910
Level 7
I can confirm that the Sonic Studio (1.1.17) causes this problem with Jurrasic World Evolution. Sadly many ROG Software products interfere with other software on a bad habit.

As soon as you kill all tasks of the Sonic Studio, the game runs just fine. As soon as the software is in the background it crashes immediatly.

Sebastian1989101 wrote:
I can confirm that the Sonic Studio (1.1.17) causes this problem with Jurrasic World Evolution. Sadly many ROG Software products interfere with other software on a bad habit.

As soon as you kill all tasks of the Sonic Studio, the game runs just fine. As soon as the software is in the background it crashes immediatly.

Thanks for verifying, however, if this is the only game that is crashing, I'd suggest to simply close Sonic Studio while playing this game. I doubt that you'll need access to any controls exclusive to the software while playing the game - everything you need is available on the dock. Since the Centurion has received updates for over 2 years, no more changes to the software will be possible at this stage I'm afraid.