cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DPC Latency Issue

zocker
Level 9
I think many do not know about this problem but most of them have it.
Sometimes i have a light cracking or dropouts like a dirty CD when i watching youtube streams or videos.
I try to figure out and i startet DPC LATENCY CHECKER and this is what i see this:

Sometimes i get peaks over 2000 and then i have the sound issues.

This is my second system that has this issue.

The first time i had this issue, i have uninstalled asus ram cache and its gone.
I thought it was the fix but aftere a few days it begins again.
i am going crazy:(
i7-13700K
TUF GAMING Z690-PLUS
ASUS TUF Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB
Creative Sound BlasterX AE-5 Plus
32GB Corsair Vengeance CMK32GX5M2B5600C36
Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB (System)
Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB (Gaming)
12 REPLIES 12

Korth
Level 14
Are you using CorsairLink?
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]

zocker
Level 9
No, but icue....i uninsstalled it and no luck. 😞
I have disabled all tools that i use all day but nothing changes.
i7-13700K
TUF GAMING Z690-PLUS

Korth
Level 14
It could be DPC Latency Checker itself. Have you tried running LatencyMon instead?

https://www.sweetwater.com/sweetcare/articles/solving-dpc-latency-issues/

In my experience it's usually been CorsairLink (solved by avoiding Corsair junk) or DirectX issues (solved with driver update or driver rollback) or obnoxious USB devices (solved by getting rid of them). It happens a lot more on hardware-heavy systems and a lot less on systems which don't saturate the chipset-to-CPU bandwidth.

What are your system specs?
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]

zocker
Level 9
7820x
Apex VI Rampage
32GB Corsair Vengeance 4x8
SB ZxR
Samsung Evo 960 M.2
Asus Dual 2080 Ti

I have tried LatencyMon a few times and sooner or later the dxgkrnl.sys kicks out into red area.
i7-13700K
TUF GAMING Z690-PLUS

Korth
Level 14
dxgkrnl.sys is a DirectX component.

Installed the chipset, audio, LAN, and WiFi drivers from your motherboard support page?

Are you confident the system is clean, not running any malware?

Are there any IRQ conflicts in Device Manager?

If you boot Windows into Safe Mode (minimum drivers), are there any IRQ conflicts in Device Manager?

You can try newer/better drivers from the ASMedia and Realtek sites. You can try moving your USB devices to different ports or unplugging them all (except keyboard and mouse). You can try removing the soundcard. If any of these things resolves the DPC issues then you'll know the cause and might be able to find a solution ... if none of them resolves the DPC issues then you can be (reasonably) confident it's something to do with the NVidia/DX drivers.

[/Korth]

zocker
Level 9
How can i see IRQ conflicts?!

I have played arround and uninstalled, reinstalled some asus and intel tools.
And i think the intel turbo boost 3.0 is the tool that makes trouble with the latency.
Uninstalled it and nothing change, installed again, nothing.....installed another version and the latency goes down yeaah!!
So i uninstalled it again to reconstruct it, i installed the last working version and the latency is worse again.
After going crazy again, i make the install uninstall reinstall dance again and now the latency is again low!
Oh man, what is that?! The whole install session seems triggering something but it is no solution for me.
i7-13700K
TUF GAMING Z690-PLUS

x-rated
Level 8
what is intel turbo boost tool and why do you install it?

zocker
Level 9
i dont really need that tool because i have overclocked my system but without it i have the problems what i explained.
i think its for intels speed stepping.
i7-13700K
TUF GAMING Z690-PLUS

zocker
Level 9
I figured ít out....its the nvida driver. When i uninstall it the latency goes dow.:D
I have tried to install the driver only but it seems the driver itself is the problem.
So what should i do?!! I need this driver. xDDDDD
i7-13700K
TUF GAMING Z690-PLUS