cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Card - Upgrade

Vanoss
Level 7
ROG GL553VE has Nvidia GeForce GTX 105ti Graphics......and I thing now a days....new games require more graphics performance....so is there any way to replace my GTX 1050ti with other VGA Cards e.g. 1060 or 1070.....if this replacement is possible then many gamers would suffice and would not need to buy a new gaming laptop and waste that much bucks.
3 REPLIES 3

davemon50
Level 11
Higher performing video cards mean higher heat output. Not great news for a laptop. Personally I wouldn't recommend it. However, in my opinion it's a question for the manufacturer to sanction it. Might require a cooling upgrade.
Davemon50

Korth
Level 14
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?90037-Can-I-upgrade-the-CPU-or-GPU-in-my-ROG-Notebook-***-...

GL553 is not on this list but I'm guessing it's the next iteration of GL552. Meaning that CPU and GPU are embedded BGA packages - soldered directly onto the mainboard.

GL553 specs (HM175 chipset, HQ processor, "NVIDIA", soldered RAM) suggests that it's a machine designed for value gaming, not for upgradable powergaming.
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]

JustinThyme
Level 13
The CPU and GPU are one with the motherboard and can’t be upgraded.*

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein