cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Battery Health Charging and speed of cooling fans in Asus TUF Gaming FX504GD

sbinc158
Level 7
Hi every one!

This is my first post here but I would like to ask advice about what is happening. I have these issues that bother me a little bit:

1- The speed of the cooling fans can´t be modified anymore and that is very important since it prevents the laptop from getting too hot. When I just bought it I could choose from 3 different speeds, now I can´t choose and they come on very sporadically for only a few seconds.

2- My Asus Battery Healt Charging setttings are not working anymore. The battery should stop charging at 60% as it used to but it is not doing it anymore, now it goes until 100% and I want to extend the lifespan as much as I can since I can always have it plugged.

I am not a tech savvy, just so you guys know my background.

Thank you very much for any help, the asus support chat was really bad, all I was told was to install some drivers but it didn´t make any difference.
3 REPLIES 3

kaikai311
Level 7
Fn + F5 did not alter the fan speed? Did u try reinstalling ASUS Keyboard Hotkeys and ASUS Battery Health Charging drivers? Download it from Asus's website. Run it and it will ask you whether you want to uninstall. Uninstall it and run again to install.

Apparently it worked!

I had to ask the ASUS Keyboard Hotkeys and ASUS Battery Health Charging drivers from a Asus support agent and did what you said. I started the laptop without it being plugged to the adaptor and it´s working again.

The link the agent sent me was this: https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/GamingNB/FX504GD/Asus_Keyboard_Hotkeys_Driver_V2020.zip?_ga=2.249...

Thank you very much for your help!!

kaikai311
Level 7
No problem, glad it worked out 😃