cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS ROG 2080ti STrix not on rog rewards

itsGucci-1921
Level 7
for some reason, rog's newest gpu not on the reward system. I would have thought they put their newest product on the qualify product.
2 REPLIES 2

mitropower
Level 7
itsGucci-1921 wrote:
for some reason, rog's newest gpu not on the reward system. I would have thought they put their newest product on the qualify product.

The reason is known, early adopters in rich countries always get stiffed on rewards. There is a 20x0 promotion going on with Battlefield V, but only for some Asian countries (+Australia) where 2080Ti probably costs as much as a house. The link: https://www.asus.com/event/vga/BattlefieldV/

I bought 2080 for xmas in Germany and was initially surprised too that there was no game reward like I got with 1080 before (lol, there was some useless reward though, some wtfast, a networking gimmick ridiculously priced at 54$, haha, I can;t believe marketing actually believes this is a good reward). But then I remembered I bought 1080 when it was already a mature product with competition.

ASUS, just like all other companies, does not understand the value of offering a good portion of side peanuts with their premium craft beer if they already have you drinking it. Simply put, there was no meaningful competition to Strix 2080 and they know we'll buy it without a reward if we want it because we are stupid early adopter fanbois, so they do not give one. The message is clear, bring your own peanuts or smuggle the card from Singapore 😉

It's pointless to threaten we'll move to another manufacturer, because we wont 🙂

Yes I know, my Maximus XI Hero Wi-Fi is not on there either, even though the regular Hero is. What is up with the reward system? I am wondering if the newer video cards will be there?