cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ryuo fans to mobo headers or pump connector?

MorePower
Level 8
I have the Ryuo 240 and in the BIOS I can't view the RPMs or change the speeds of the rad fans because they're connected to the Y connector from the Ryuo pump. So I connected them directly to the RAD1A_FAN and RAD1B_FAN headers on the motherboard. Now I can control the curve and see the RPMs in the BIOS. So is this something that is recommended or should I connect them back to the Y connector?

I don't know if the fans are dependent on liquid temp in this cooler or go by CPU temp.

If I were to leave them connected to the Y connectors my guess is the Ryuo would control the speeds via AI suite. Is that correct? I don't have my OS installed yet so I can't test this out. What takes priority BIOS or software monitoring?
5 REPLIES 5

Menthol
Level 14
Not knowing what motherboard you have, my personal preference is connect the rad fans to the CPU and CPU_OPT fan headers and control the speed using the CPU temperature in the bios, there is several auto settings in ASUS bios, Auto, Turbo, Standard, or manual where you can set percentages of max fan speed to temperature settings which I find the best whiteout relying on software. You may still need to install the software to control the lighting on the water block, there are several aftermarket monitoring Apps that can monitor temperatures, voltages and fan speeds in real time, or AiSuite can do the same

MorePower
Level 8
I have the Maximus XI Extreme. The Ryuo is connected to the CPU_FAN. From my understanding this only controls the speed of the pump. I can hear the pump speed increase if I change the CPU fan curve in the BIOS. My concern is the rad fans. How will they react if I have them connected to the RAD1A_FAN and RAD1B_FAN headers vs. to the Y cable connected directly to the block. I would like them connected to the rad headers because I can see the speeds and control them in the BIOS. If I have it connected to the Y cable I can only see the speed of the pump. I guess what I'm trying to figure out is how the rad fans are controlled by this AIO? Is it by liquid temp or by the CPU/motherboard temps? If its by liquid temp can the RAD headers on the motherboard see this signal?

mdzcpa
Level 12
If you connect the fans to the Y connector of the RYOU and install AI Suite, and connect the RYOU to a USB header, you can control the rad fan curves from Fan Expert.

MorePower
Level 8
If I use the Y connector I won't be able to see or adjust the RPMs from the BIOS.

MorePower wrote:
If I use the Y connector I won't be able to see or adjust the RPMs from the BIOS.

That is correct