cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to fix PDF?

jackmarison93
Level 7
Hello!
This situation I have. I scanned a document and saved it in PDF format on a flash drive. That is, while maintaining the path indicated directly on the flash drive. Then I checked the file and it worked fine and opened with no problems. After that, I pulled the flash drive and after a couple of hours inserted it into another computer. But the file is not opened in Adobe Reader. Writes that the file is corrupted. What is this miracle? I want to try to restore file because I no longer have the document and again to scan it is not possible.

4 REPLIES 4

Korth
Level 14
Google "usb recovery software" to find a way to get a copy of the file (hopefully intact) off the flash drive onto a reliable drive. It might be a quick and simple repair to the file system, it might be a patchy mess of disconnected and missing bad blocks. If the file was saved or moved more than once on the drive then it might be possible to restore one of the earlier autosaved/cached versions instead.

Google "pdf document repair|recovery software" to find something which can reconstruct damaged/corrupted pdf files. Better to work off a copy of the file instead of writing changes to the original, just in case multiple attempts with different softwares are needed. Also much faster.

If it's too much hassle then you might find it faster to just scan the document again. If the USB stick is too messed up and unreliable then you might be able to recover the scanned file from the Recycle Bin (or by running disk/file recovery software) on the computer attached to the scanner.
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]

xeromist
Korth, it's just a bot seeding for a second account. When the second account posts a link I'll take care of it.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist wrote:
Korth, it's just a bot seeding for a second account. When the second account posts a link I'll take care of it.

How could you tell? How do you know I'm not a bot, lol?
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]

xeromist
Because this is the exact same tactic they have used in the past. But maybe it's a sweatshop. *shrug*
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…