cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus G752VS very bad sound quality

JonSuder
Level 7
Hello, I just got my new gaming laptop but it has very bad sound quality. Sometimes it just starts to make sounds randomly, probably a driver bug.
How can I make that stop and how can I increase the sound Quality?

Thanks
6 REPLIES 6

jdfrench3
Level 12
The best Realtek driver I use on my G752VSK is version 6.0.1.8443.
G752VSK, G75VW-3D, G51J, G1S
Homebuilt Windows Server

I tried that already. The only thing that has worked so far is the standard windows audio driver. But when I use that one I have three audio devices. First is the subwoofer, second the small speakers behind the display, third the digital audio jack.

Try installing the original audio driver from your eSupport Folder first, then upgrade to the latest Realtek driver.
G752VSK, G75VW-3D, G51J, G1S
Homebuilt Windows Server

JustinThyme
Level 13
Laptops in general lack the depth of sound we’ve come to take for granted. Reminds me of my younger years and small handheld transistor radios.*

The G752 went due south regardless of the model. The previous G751’s gave a better experience but it’s still a laptop. My recommendation? Forget the onboard audio and use a Bluetooth speaker, some of which sound surprisingly good and yet are still portable with far more battery life than the laptop can achieve.**

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

AtomicStryker
Level 7
You can try using the Sonic Studio software - i found that when i cranked up several of the config options (i think bass, clarity...?) the sound got slightly better. It's still unusually bad for a laptop IMO.

johnbonachon
Level 7
For the record.

I tried to install some updated drivers and they give me a lot of troubles and the audio sounds AWFUL (like underwater)

So we need to uninstall all drivers then install the drivers from scratch:

First, uninstall the driver of the audio Device Manager > Sound, video and gaming controller -> uninstall Realtek audio driver (if you can, then mark the option to uninstalls the drivers)

Then (in the menu),Device Manager -> view -> show hidden devices.

Then Device Manager >Audio inputs and outputs> uninstall everything marked as (Realtek(r) audio). It uninstalls the drivers for the speakers.

And finally:

a) you could install the drivers for your notebook or, if it fails then:
b) you could install the default (Realtek) drivers then, over them, the drivers for your notebook