cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aura devices with one header

iAzriel
Level 7
Hi all. I am waiting for my new Asus rog z390 H gaming mobo which has only one RGB aura header. I currently own a deepcool 350 set with 2 led strips plus a phanteks halo ring for one of my fans. Is there a way to connect these two aura compatible devices to the header without fearing of frying it? Thanks in advance for any answer.
4 REPLIES 4

cdcbr3
Level 7
I just use a Corsair aRGB hub (6 rgb outputs in series)
The hub takes the voltage from a Sata connection

davemon50
Level 11
There is a limit on amps on each header and I want to say it was somewhere around 2A but honestly I can't remember the exact number. Just know that there is a limit. Someone else who knows the exact number might be able to post it here in response.
Davemon50

cdcbr3
Level 7
Thats why I use the Corsair hub, it takes power from Sata and not the rgb mobo header

I just bought the xspc 12v rgb splitter. It uses sata 12v power and it looks clean. Also it comes in black and white. Also they have a 5v splitter. Works perfectly! I have 2 of them and there are 15 fans connected to them working like a charm with aura sync.
Success is the ability to go from one failure to the next without any loss of enthusiasm 😉