cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rog maximus xi formula hdd coce: 81

jnormen
Level 9
Hi,

I start getting HDD COCE 81 on my mother board display from time to time. Sometimes after boot, sometimes after A0 boot and some usage of my computer.
The onlöy problem I have seen was one drive that was missing and when it's up I sometimes if a running game from it can get Access Violation error and then it's gone in windows. Disk check does not show any problem.

Not I have booted and code 81 but all drives exist and I can access files from them...

No clue why this happens?
3 REPLIES 3

pndiode
Level 11
You can try replacing the power or data cables connected to the HDD, but that did not work for me. I had a HHD that would randomly disappear and appear after reboot, but never gave me any errors. The label on the HHD shows it was manufactured 29 JAN 2010 and the warranty was good for only three years. Anyway, I transferred all the data to a new HHD dated 20 March 2018 and had no problems since.

If the HDD is your boot drive it might be corrupted files.

jnormen
Level 9
I also got the same error on my M2 now... that I got Access Violation and the game I was playing crashed but the disc was still online. So odd. but stil HDD CODE 81

jnormen
Level 9
---------------------------
Wow
This application has encountered a critical error:

ERROR #132 (0x85100084) Fatal exception!

Program: D:\World of Warcraft\_retail_\Wow.exe
ProcessID: 10968
Exception: ACCESS_VIOLATION

The instruction at "0x00007ff651844b72" referenced memory at "0x000000000736a6ac".
The memory could not be "written".

Press OK to terminate the application.
OK