cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Rog Maximus XI code, BIOS not show M.2 drive.

Gushy
Level 7
Hello.
Marry Christmas everyone.

I have interesting problem. Maximus XI Code do not show Samsung 970 M.2 SSD.
Does not detect it at all.
Try everything, read every thread here. No luck.
I change m.2 slots too noting helps.
Any help ?

Thank you in advanced.
16 REPLIES 16

Gushy
Level 7
Please guys any advice ?
The motherboard and the SSD are brand new. Both just open from box.
Is there anything i can try ot do ?

Kind regards

Rob_W_
Level 12
Merry Xmas.
Have you checked windows disc manager to see if it shows up ?
Has it been formatted ready for use?*
Mine was doing the same on R6E*

MrAgapiGC
Level 13
Gushy wrote:
Hello.
Marry Christmas everyone.

I have interesting problem. Maximus XI Code do not show Samsung 970 M.2 SSD.
Does not detect it at all.
Try everything, read every thread here. No luck.
I change m.2 slots too noting helps.
Any help ?

Thank you in advanced.

I will try as soon i get the 9900k since i am still pending on that. I got the board all ready! Did you load the new bios, 0602?
Learn, Play Enjoy!

Gushy
Level 7
Hello,
I cannot install Windows. The Motherboard do not recognize the SSD.
For that i ask for help.
Now i need to buy new SSD (SATA) model to install windows and then to Try fix that SSD.
OR if you guys know other way will be big help.

Sirrrus
Level 7

Gushy
Level 7
Sirrus,
CPU work, RAM, Graphic card. Everything works i see bios, F2 work.
The issue is the BIOS does not recognize the SSD so i have no chance toinstall Windows.
IIn BIOS section SSD do not show in any section.
THat is my problem.
So either mobo is bad or SSD perhaps ?

Sirrrus
Level 7
Best guess is that BIOS is outdated and needs updated to support that particular model EVO. The link I provided earlier explains that new out of the box Mobos need updated if the version number is lower than the posted one.
I’m sure you checked but just in case, did you make sure the m.2 port has been Enabled? The slot you have it installed in...is possible it supports SATA M.2 while the other supports both SATA and PCI NVME M.2? If you are in a slot that only supports SATA it probably can’t work with an NVME. Have you tried the Advanced Menu of the BIOS, not the EZ version to check and enable the PCI boot capability?

Gushy
Level 7
Sirrus,
i do put SSD on bottom of the board, tried both places, left and right does not work.
I did not upgrade the bios yet.
About enabling m.2 port i dont know how to do this. Can you please provide me a image ? I will be very greatfull.
Thank you for all help you provide here.
Please if you have photos i can see what to do.
Thank you in advanced.

XYchromosone
Level 10
The link for compatible devices for ROG Maximus XI Code motherboard is to this one QVL file here:
https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA1151/ROG_MAXIMUS_XI_CODE/M11C_device_QVL.pdf?_ga=2.13859570...

Sirrrus posted a link for compatible CPUs, not devices for your motherboard. On page 5 it shows the MZ-V7E250-250GB (970 EVO) NVMe and MZ-V7P1T0-1TB (970 PRO) PCIe NVMe SSDs are the only 2 Samsung NVMe SSD drives that are compatible?

I have the same motherboard which I'm building with a 970 Pro 1TB NVMe SSD so I hope all goes well when I'm done with the build.

BTW WHAT SIZE IS YOUR SSD? Because please note on page 5 of the device QVL only the 1TB 970 Pro NVMe Is supported for now.