cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A question about AI suite 3 ( Cpu Fan Issue)

pinkfloyd1173
Level 11
I have a question for you pros. I recently just finished my build and got pretty much everything going good. The one issue that I do see is that my AIO Corsair H100i pro rgb. The Fan expert thing does not pick up or show any info on the cpu fans, I have it plugged in the right header on my MOBO ( Maximus XI Hero (WiFi).

The fans are spinning but it seems like thay are at full speed all the time, no matter what I am doing on my rig. Now the other fans show stats, rpm and so forth.

I am not using corsair link or any other program that has to do with the AIO. Is this normal for cpu fans to run at full speed, normal for AI suite not to show any stats on the cpu??

Any advice will help.

Thanks in advance.
ROG STRIX Z790-E GAMING WIFI II Bios 1002: Intel i7 14900k: CORSAIR DOMINATOR TITANIUM RGB 64GB 6600MHz DDR5: : ASUS ROG STRIX PG38UQ: ROG Strix 4090 OC :2 M.2 990 PRO 2 TB: CORSAIR - AIO CORSAIR LINK H170I LCD : Corsair HX1500I: Corsair 7000D airflow Case: Windows 11 Pro
6 REPLIES 6

jayc1818
Level 7
From my experience in order to use Asus AI Suite to control Corsair H1xx AIO fans, you have to use a PWM fan splitter, connect the rad fans to splitter and then connect the other end of splitter to the CPU header on the motherboard. You can plug the 3 pin plug from the Corsair pump to the AIO header on the MB. Then the fans will show up in AI Suite and you can set your fan profiles. Only other option is using the Corsair Link cable that came with the AIO plugginf it into USB header on board and then use Corsair ICUE program for fan control, but you can only control the fans with preset options of (Quiet, Standard, Extreme and Zero) Yes, its disheartening, I know, but on the plus side a 2 way PWM fan splitter can be had on Ebay for under 10 shipped. Im currently waiting on one myself for my H115i build.

Hey another question I for got to ask you. If I plug the cpu fan header in the aio header, do I need to adjust anything in the bios??
ROG STRIX Z790-E GAMING WIFI II Bios 1002: Intel i7 14900k: CORSAIR DOMINATOR TITANIUM RGB 64GB 6600MHz DDR5: : ASUS ROG STRIX PG38UQ: ROG Strix 4090 OC :2 M.2 990 PRO 2 TB: CORSAIR - AIO CORSAIR LINK H170I LCD : Corsair HX1500I: Corsair 7000D airflow Case: Windows 11 Pro

You will get No CPU Fan boot up errors if you don't have something plugged into the CPU header on motherboard. To get around this you have to go into BIOS and change CPU Fan from *Auto/Monitoring to *Ignore. Once you have your splitter plugged into CPU header you wont have to do the BIOS change. The worst thing is if you got a RGB AIO you can only change the RGB colors with Corsair ICUE program. I don't like the idea of having to run 2 programs. AI Suite for fan control and ICUE for RGB lighting. I choose fan control, so Im sacrificing RGB lighting and going with whatever light up look default is on the RGB AIO. Annoying.

jayc1818 wrote:
You will get No CPU Fan boot up errors if you don't have something plugged into the CPU header on motherboard. To get around this you have to go into BIOS and change CPU Fan from *Auto/Monitoring to *Ignore. Once you have your splitter plugged into CPU header you wont have to do the BIOS change. The worst thing is if you got a RGB AIO you can only change the RGB colors with Corsair ICUE program. I don't like the idea of having to run 2 programs. AI Suite for fan control and ICUE for RGB lighting. I choose fan control, so Im sacrificing RGB lighting and going with whatever light up look default is on the RGB AIO. Annoying.

ICUE NOW SUPPORTS ASUS AURA READY MOTHERBOARDS

https://www.corsair.com/ca/en/blog/iCUE-Now-Supports-ASUS-Aura-Ready-Motherboards

Enjoy 🙂

pinkfloyd1173
Level 11
Thats good to know, I have a few spliters on hand.

Thank you for your help man.
Will update after I rewire a few things.

Merry Xmas.

pinkfloyd1173
Level 11
Ok I got it, thanks, dont have RGB on my AIO so im good on that.

Thanks again man.