cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus X and Intel Wireless AC 9560

Saltgrass
Level 13
I was wondering if anyone had tried changing out the Wi-Fi card on the Maximus X Hero(Wi-Fi)?

The reason I am thinking about changing it out is if I can confirm the Intel i7 8700K processor is compatible with the CNVio technology of the 9560, I might try going that direction.

The details of what might be compatible is a little hard to find, but the CNVio technology seems to move some components normally on a Wi-Fi card to the processor. The information I am seeing seems to suggest Coffee Lake processors are compatible with such technology and would work with the Intel 9560 Wi-Fi card.

If anyone has any input or a link to some info I can check, it would be helpful, assuming the card can be changed out on this motherboard.

Thanks
Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel BE200
2 REPLIES 2

dingo99
Level 10
The information I am seeing seems to suggest Coffee Lake processors are compatible with such technology and would work with the Intel 9560 Wi-Fi card.

Everything I've seen says you'd need Coffee Lake and a CNVi-enabled chipset (Z390/H370/B360/H310). It's not likely to work on your Z370 motherboard.

dingo99 wrote:
Everything I've seen says you'd need Coffee Lake and a CNVi-enabled chipset (Z390/H370/B360/H310). It's not likely to work on your Z370 motherboard.

I agree, it seems usually just mobile processors are involved. Even though the 8700K is a Coffee Lake processor, it does not seem to have the capability.

Thanks
Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel BE200