cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having problems with red video tears.

Dav_f
Level 7

This is the problem that I'm having. As you can see, I'm getting these strange red tears in the screen. It happens at random. Anyone ever had this problem before? Any and ALL help is appreciated.
5 REPLIES 5

Invincible
Level 7
It's may be a Forceware driver or screen failed

houndazs
Level 9
Yup this is a great example of an driver board going bad on the LCD panel itsself. You may also want to try an OSD calibration within the Monitor menu. How old is the monitor?

One other thing you can do is reseat the video card, and clean its contacts. Also check your video cable going from the LCD to the back of the PC.

-ASUS Rampage IV Extreme
-Intel i7-3930k @4.42GHz
-16GB CORSAIR DOMINATOR GT 2133MHz
-Corsair Force Series GT SSD 240GB
- 2x 3TB WD Caviar Black (RAID 1)
- XFX ProSeries 1250W PSU
-3x ASUS VE248Q 24" Monitor
- 2x XFX 7970R
- Xigmatek Elysium Black Case
- CORSAIR H100 CPU Cooler
- Logitech G500 Mouse

dstrakele
Level 14
1) What model ASUS laptop are you using?

2) What version video driver is currently running on this system?

3) Does the red tearing occur on an external monitor or LCD TV when connected via HDMI or VGA port?
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

ColonelS
Level 9
Follow up on dstrakele,

Suggest you do a reinstall of video drivers. Btw does this "tearing" occur at any certain colors?
Click ->Republic of Gamers<- official Facebook page

Sorry I haven't been responding to you guys. I've been pretty busy lately with work and I totally forgot about this post. Just a quick update, I did a factory reboot on it and now it's working just fine. If anyone still cares; It wasn't plugged into another monitor, I'm using the current video driver from nvidia, and here's the model that I own http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834230141&Tpk=g53sx. Once again thanks for all the help you guys. I'll go ahead and let this thread die now. 🙂