cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which Audio Driver(s) do I need?

Equanimous
Level 7
Hi, I have a Z390-F Gaming Motherboard. I currently got both Nvidia and Microsoft Audio Drivers installed. My question is: Do I need to install anything else? I'm extremely worried about downloading Realtek, as it messed up some of my games prior to me getting this Motherboard. I would like to know what's everyone's experience with how this driver behave in its latest version (compatibility-wise and whatnot).

Thank you in advance!
4 REPLIES 4

MoKiChU
Level 40

I have a different board but for what it's worth the uad ones he linked you to gave me zero issues. I did follow the clean install procedures and use that driver explorer that were also linked and it seemed just fine. I'm going to follow the same procedures to clear out what drivers I do have and attempt to install a sound card from an old system later on today. but just create a system restore point in case you botch something accidentally that you can just revert back to

Guitarmageddon888 wrote:
I have a different board but for what it's worth the uad ones he linked you to gave me zero issues. I did follow the clean install procedures and use that driver explorer that were also linked and it seemed just fine. I'm going to follow the same procedures to clear out what drivers I do have and attempt to install a sound card from an old system later on today. but just create a system restore point in case you botch something accidentally that you can just revert back to

Thank you for sharing your experience 🙂

MoKiChU wrote:
Hi,

You can stay with Microsoft drivers, or install Realtek drivers (with or without Sonic Studio III suite) : https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?105341-DRIVERS-Realtek-HD-Audio-(UAD)

Thank you, I will check it out.