cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

😡AI suite and bios can't control fans???!

Marko911
Level 8
Hi, I have a huge problem with rampage vi extreme and controlling my fans via board bios or ai suite. It doesn't allow me to set up pvm curve manually or auto. It just ramp them up to max. I use nzxt aer rgb fans.. Does anyone have any idea what could be wrong?
8 REPLIES 8

panzlock
Level 12
There are too many issues with Ai to be able to answer that question.

When did this problem begin? Did you change fans recently? Did you update BIOS? Did you update Windows 10 (new versions of W10 conflict with AiS III)?
I'd like to deploy my troops in her country.

JustinThyme
Level 13
Do yourself a favor, get a different fan controller. I’ve tried every version of AI suite since it’s inception and every single one fails. You are actually better off uninstalling it, wiping all traces reboot a few times then set up what you can in the BIOS or better yet, find another controller.*

ASUS makes great hardware but it seems like the two guys that do the software and all the UEFI updates on all products are overwhelmed. *

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

panzlock
Level 12
What other controller would you recommend? I couldn't find anything with an interface as comprehensive and aesthetically pleasant. Not that I looked that hard, really.
I'd like to deploy my troops in her country.

mdzcpa
Level 12
I believe the OP said he couldn't control the fans in the BIOS either. May not be a AI Suite issue. Is this correct or not? If you cannot control the fans in the UEFI than another controller will not help you. You may need look at your settings in the UEFI under DC or PWM correctly in order to get the set curves to work.

mdzcpa wrote:
I believe the OP said he couldn't control the fans in the BIOS either. May not be a AI Suite issue. Is this correct or not? If you cannot control the fans in the UEFI than another controller will not help you. You may need look at your settings in the UEFI under DC or PWM correctly in order to get the set curves to work.

Yeah, I tried changing from auto to pmw but to no avail. I can't control the curve. Before I couldn't control them with suite III but bios did a fair job. Now I have added two more fans, noctuas, and they seem to work well auto, but all others, nzxts fans are always at max speed. And I can't control neither of them manually. I'm on bios 1004,Win updates go auto.

mdzcpa
Level 12
Are the fans that do not work well 3 or 4 pin fans? Have you tried DC mode?

mcmarky
Level 8
Did you run Q-Fan Tuning in UEFI?

Just check Argus Monitor for controlling fans. It works perfectly on my X Hero.

Marko911
Level 8
Fan Auto tuning is sooo bad.. Omg it's like they invested 10$ making that fan software.thank you, Argus was a revelation for me. I can successfully use it until aquaero comes.
Unfortunately, I gave up and ordered aquaero 6LT, because I can't spend any more time fixing things that should work in this overpriced system that I have 😢 and I said before I wouldn't.