cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rampage VI installed in a Corsair 500D SE

LiveOrDie
Level 11
Long story short it took me 3 days to map this case out after running into walls when trying to use two rads for my loop, then the board back RGB cover hitting the case as this case wasn't made to take E-ATX boards, but i finally got it all installed with a few small mods, ill post images later if anyone interested.
14 REPLIES 14

JustinThyme
Level 13
Did you need a shoehorn?!
I’d like to see it.
I was contemplating a smaller case but I want an excess of rad surface to keep the coolant temps as close to ambient as possible with less speed on the fans. I cringe at memories fr days long ago with big ole honking chunks of copper and Vantec Tormado fans that I’m sure to keep with OSHA standards requires hearing protection.*
I was torn on my refresh rebuild between the new 1000D and what I bought, the Enthoo Elite. If the top rad slide was good 4 2x480s I would have gone that route. A bunch of reviews say they are interchangeable and can be bought from Corsair but following up on that with Corsair yielded to the fact they don’t have them stocked yet. That’s what was the deciding factor. If they had them the enticement would have been much stronger, nice cases. That and the fact that I lucked into a very good deal on the Enthoo Elite after looking for more than a month on a black case. Not a fan of the gun metal or whatever they call it.*

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

LiveOrDie
Level 11
Ill post some photos up soon, I had to bend the MB tray and drill one new hole to fit the top rad so I could move it more towards the back of the case.

Menthol
Level 14
LiveOrDie,

Every picture tells a story don't it

Sprayingmango
Level 10
Yeah I would love to see pics of this. I just finished my Corsair 1000D build and I absolutely love everything about this case. It's incredible. Right now I'm just running AIOs on my 2080Ti's (EVGA Hybrid coolers) and on my CPU, still trying to map out / figure out what I need for a hardline build.

LiveOrDie
Level 11
Menthol wrote:
LiveOrDie,

Every picture tells a story don't it

haha it sure does.

Sprayingmango wrote:
Yeah I would love to see pics of this. I just finished my Corsair 1000D build and I absolutely love everything about this case. It's incredible. Right now I'm just running AIOs on my 2080Ti's (EVGA Hybrid coolers) and on my CPU, still trying to map out / figure out what I need for a hardline build.

Yeah they are great cases the 500D was just a pain to work with due to its design, but I'm happy with the outcome and the metal cable cover on the back doesn't fit anymore after bending the motherboard tray out by hand, the rubber grommets also had to be cut to remove the part which the motherboard covered or you would end up bending the board when screwing it down.

imgur library below
Here are some photos of my build guys.

LiveOrDie
Level 11
Just installed my Asus 1080ti strix oc and the card almost sits on top of the res haha, used as a GPU support no sag here boys.

JustinThyme
Level 13
Did you manage to get the fans working correctly on the commander.
I can go silent and thats not even right. What I want is the fans to react to the coolant temp. set up custom profile for it and no matter what I do they cycle like they do when using CPU temp.

The lights on the LL fans are just crazy!! wish aura would work like that. Have 10 fans and light strips. Still jockeying around to get it the way I want. BRIGHT!!! Ill post up pics before the weekend is out but still wont be done until the cablmod order arrives.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

JustinThyme wrote:
Did you manage to get the fans working correctly on the commander.
I can go silent and thats not even right. What I want is the fans to react to the coolant temp. set up custom profile for it and no matter what I do they cycle like they do when using CPU temp.

The lights on the LL fans are just crazy!! wish aura would work like that. Have 10 fans and light strips. Still jockeying around to get it the way I want. BRIGHT!!! Ill post up pics before the weekend is out but still wont be done until the cablmod order arrives.

Can't say I have tried because I'm using mine as rad fans so I have them set on max speed always as there only 1500RPM and they make hardly any noise lol. post some photos up I wouldn't mind having a look.

Take a look at the clearance lol

JustinThyme
Level 13
definitely shoe horn!
I have 20 fans in my case so full bore is like being on the flight line. Ive tried to no avail. No matter what I do they ramp up and down. Stuffed my aquaero in the back of the case. It works like a charm controlling the speed of the fans and the D5 pumps. Have it set to a max of 32C coolant temp and it ramps perfectly. This is the second time Ive tried a corsair solution for fan control and it failed even worse than the MOBO. Lighting works but the nodes are a lot cheaper!!