cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus X Hero Wifi AC Mobo won't update to latest Chipset Driver - Fatal Error

wpowell13
Level 7
Hello everyone,

I was going through and trying to update all of the drivers on my PC today as it has been some time since I did that. I successfully did WIFI, Bluetooth, Audio, BIOS...etc. but the chipset driver fails everytime I try to install it. I keep getting a screen that says there was a fatal error during installation (see attached screen grab).

It isn't critical that I get it updated as everything runs fine, I just wanted to get it out of the way so I would be good for a while.

Any thoughts on what the issue might be?

Best,

Wyatt77845
2 REPLIES 2

Phillyflyer
Level 10
wpowell13 wrote:
Hello everyone,

I was going through and trying to update all of the drivers on my PC today as it has been some time since I did that. I successfully did WIFI, Bluetooth, Audio, BIOS...etc. but the chipset driver fails everytime I try to install it. I keep getting a screen that says there was a fatal error during installation (see attached screen grab).

It isn't critical that I get it updated as everything runs fine, I just wanted to get it out of the way so I would be good for a while.

Any thoughts on what the issue might be?

Best,

Wyatt77845

Try downloading and installing the Intel Chipset Installation Software Utility
Asus ROG Maximus XI EXTREME
Intel i7 9900K OC'D @ 5.2 GHZ @ 1.345V (1.296V LOAD) LLC 6 PRIME 95 STABLE 8 HRS
XSPC RX360 Rad (6)Scythe Gentle Typhoon 1850 RPM Fans In Push/Pull @ 1500 RPMS
Swiftech Drive II / Swiftech MCP35X Pump
Enermax Platimax 1200 Watt Power Supply
32GB G.Skill F4-3866C18Q-32GTZR 3866 MHZ CL18 1.35V (OC 4266MHZ 17-18-18-41-2T @1.45V)
MSI GTX 1070 SEA HAWK EK X SLI WITH ASUS HB RGB
(5)Samsung 840 Pro 128 GB In Raid 0
(2) WD 1TB Black Edition
Corsair 900 D

Saltgrass
Level 13
The current Intel Management Engine Interface driver seemed to update OK on my system. Perhaps you got a bad download.

What does the log file say?

Just in case, I always try to update chipset drivers prior to updating others. Perhaps you tried but failed.
Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel BE200