cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R6E and Samsung 970 Pro performance issue.

Bcheck
Level 7
I have been running the 950 pro for a year on the R6E under the sink (PCH).
No problems.
I just bought a 970 pro put it in the same spot under the video card and copied the image back from the 950 pro with macrium.
start fine, all seems good.

Until i do a benchmark.
Here are the images of both samsung benchmark and as ssd.

i should be getting more no?? looks like it is running at 2X ?
but then the samsung benchmark states over 3k? i am confused.

i only have one videocard 1080ti and all other pcie slots are empty.

Also, if i would swap it to the DIMM.2 riser would it boot ? (win10) Or do i need to set the riser card empty and then make an image and then restore?
Would that fix the speed?

running the latest bios build and the samsung nvme driver 3.0 and windows 10 1809

thanks!
Asus Rampage VI Extreme (1603 UEFI), Intel i9 Skylake-X 7940X
G-Skill RGB 32GB 3200 / Asus STRIX 1080Ti OC / 970 Pro NVMe / 850 Pro
Eizo FlexScan EV3237 4K IPS@60Hz
Corsair AX860i / Corsair H115i Extreme / Corsair Commander PRO / Corsair LL RGB - Obsidian 750D
Corsair Glaive / Corsair K95 RGB / Corsair VOID Wireless
Win 10 Pro x64 1809 Fall Edition
3 REPLIES 3

JustinThyme
Level 13
First forget Samsung benchmark. It’s often bloated. ASSD uses different processes.*
Good comparison that is widely used is Crystaldiskmark. Download and run that and see what you get. Make sure nothing else is running.
Any specific reason you didn’t put this on DIMM.2_1 and set it to CPU in the BIOS? (DIMM.2 slot closer to ram slots)*this bypasses the PCH. Mine booted when I tried it back in the beginning.*

You should be getting ~3500MB/S sequential reads and ~50MB/S 4K random reads. *

Don’t think this is X2. Maybe check your PCIE speeds are set to gen3 instead of auto. Also run trim manually typing diskdfragementer in the search box on the taskbar.

My bet is it’s a BIOS setting issue if you have upgraded and just overlooked. *If you change positions make sure you go into BIOS at startup and verify the correct boot option.*

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

JustinThyme wrote:
First forget Samsung benchmark. It’s often bloated. ASSD uses different processes.*
Good comparison that is widely used is Crystaldiskmark. Download and run that and see what you get. Make sure nothing else is running.
Any specific reason you didn’t put this on DIMM.2_1 and set it to CPU in the BIOS? (DIMM.2 slot closer to ram slots)*this bypasses the PCH. Mine booted when I tried it back in the beginning.*

You should be getting ~3500MB/S sequential reads and ~50MB/S 4K random reads. *

Don’t think this is X2. Maybe check your PCIE speeds are set to gen3 instead of auto. Also run trim manually typing diskdfragementer in the search box on the taskbar.

My bet is it’s a BIOS setting issue if you have upgraded and just overlooked. *If you change positions make sure you go into BIOS at startup and verify the correct boot option.*

Just ran the crystaldiskmark 6, it seems a bit underperforming. I will change it to the DIMM.2 lateron.
thanks for the help and input.
Asus Rampage VI Extreme (1603 UEFI), Intel i9 Skylake-X 7940X
G-Skill RGB 32GB 3200 / Asus STRIX 1080Ti OC / 970 Pro NVMe / 850 Pro
Eizo FlexScan EV3237 4K IPS@60Hz
Corsair AX860i / Corsair H115i Extreme / Corsair Commander PRO / Corsair LL RGB - Obsidian 750D
Corsair Glaive / Corsair K95 RGB / Corsair VOID Wireless
Win 10 Pro x64 1809 Fall Edition

JustinThyme
Level 13
That’s just a little shy but not by much. Background apps, AV, indexing etc will have a go at your numbers. *Other things on the PCH will knock it back too. Best bet is on the inside towards the Ram amd set to *CPU in the BIOS. That will at least get the PCH bottle neck off of it.*

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein