Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by rohmuk3333 View Post
    Hi Please look into the video from this below link,Thank you

https://youtu.be/fNpIR3m9KP8 (GTA5)

https://youtu.be/MGq7sqgvRZw (Rainbow Six Siege)

**************** Point to be noted here is GPU Clock is decreasing from 1400 Mhz to 250 Mhz ...this usually occurs due to bad thermal paste or overheating .I gave it to service center also ,they repasted (thermal paste) ,but issue still persists.Please have a look at those vidoes and suggest me anything i could do . Thanks you in advance ***********************
    I've same issue as well. I've already repasted my GPU and CPU with "Artic Mx-5" and Repaste Vrams with "K5 PRO viscous thermal paste", so the issue may be with BIOS updates ot NVIDIA driver

Moderator Array

Hi rohmuk333,
    Thank you for the video.
    I have reported this issue and will keep you updated.

**************** Point to be noted here is GPU Clock is decreasing from 1400 Mhz to 250 Mhz ...this usually occurs due to bad thermal paste or overheating .I gave it to service center also ,they repasted (thermal paste) ,but issue still persists.Please have a look at those vidoes and suggest me anything i could do . Thanks you in advance ***********************

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Blake@ASUS View Post
    Hi rohmuk333,
    Thank you for the video.

I have researched regarding my problem in Reddit,YouTube ,forums ,and came to know that majority of who own ASUS STRIX HERO 2 GL504GM/GL504GV are having the same issue .I urge Asus to investigate and fix this issue through some Bios update .Thank you.
    Last edited by rohmuk3333; 08-06-2020 at 01:08 AM.

Moderator Array

Hello rohmuk3333,
    After consulting with our technical support, your device is having abnormal temperature.
    Please kindly send your device to service center again and PM me your SN or RMA number.
    We would like to track your case.
    Thank you.
    I have researched regarding my problem in Reddit,YouTube ,forums ,and came to know that majority of who own ASUS STRIX HERO 2 GL504GM/GL504GV are having the same issue .I urge Asus to investigate and fix this issue through some Bios update .Thank you.

New ROGer Array

Hello rohmuk3333,
    After consulting with our technical support, your device is having abnormal temperature.
    Please kindly send your device to service center again and PM me your SN or RMA number.
    We would like to track your case.
    Thank you.

Yeah I have already submitted it to service center.My RMA is INJ8L70073.He repasted it ,cleaned fan vents too .I went to center again to let him know that issue didn't fix.He said ,he was helpless .

Although,many with the same unit,facing same issue which might be something faulty with Bios or Nvdia drivers compatibility issues. I don't know😐😔.

Moderator Array

Hello rohmuk3333,
    May you help to send to the service center again and provide me the latest RMA number?
    I have asked our technical support to get involved and instruct.
    Thank you.

New ROGer Array

Hi rohmuk333,
    Thank you for the video.
    You may also submit this video with same issue

P.S 1: I've also tried to downgrade the NVIDIA Driver (v 451.48, 446.14,442.94 etc) and still there was fps dropped
    P.S 2: I've also tried the GPU Driver here (Version 25.21.14.2546), there is still FPS dropped encountered (E.g DOTA 2, Fall Guys, PUBG)
    P.S 3: Hardware changes:

- Repasted CPU and GPU using Artix Mx-4
    - Repasted VRAMS using K5 Pro
    - Undervolted CPU Core and Cache to -0.080mv
    - Change Speedshift value to 100
    - Disabled BD Procshot

P.S 4: PC Firmware Version:
    BIOS: 311
    GPU : GTX 1060
    Last edited by silvergem; 08-15-2020 at 11:55 PM.

New ROGer Array

I watched both your videos and from what I can see is you're one toasty boi... The Gpu cooking to about 90c is what is dropping the frames which you have already discovered.

Are you using MSI afterburner to OC your GPU if so what is the config you're using.
    If you use techpowerup GPUZ software and screen capture the graphics card, sensors and advanced tab I can have a little lookie into it.

How is your room and laptop ventilation? do you have a cooling pad for your laptop?

What is your GPU fan running at 100%? check armoury crate and SS the home page with all the wigets on it.
    Last edited by KorosuKivy; 08-16-2020 at 10:37 PM. Reason: correction

New ROGer Array

I've been facing these problems now as well. And I noticed that the cause is that the fans are NOW not really spinning at the full speed that they're capable of. They used to get LOUD. SO LOUD. Two weeks ago, they just stopped running at full speed. Hence the throttle. Can ASUS technicians look into that issue please? I think that will solve all problems.
    (I'm at Overboost profile, undervolted GPU and CPU)

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Nissan View Post
    I've been facing these problems now as well. And I noticed that the cause is that the fans are NOW not really spinning at the full speed that they're capable of. They used to get LOUD. SO LOUD. Two weeks ago, they just stopped running at full speed. Hence the throttle. Can ASUS technicians look into that issue please? I think that will solve all problems.
    (I'm at Overboost profile, undervolted GPU and CPU)
    Well if your dropping frames and your Fans are taking off its due to heat the moment your GPU hits 90C your cooking take yourself OFF the overboost and run normal profiles.

Another reason you fans will be spinning loud is dust and dirt have clogged the intake.

Using Armoury crate what rpm is your fan spinning and what is the reported thermals for CPU and GPU

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast