Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by KorosuKivy View Post
    I watched both your videos and from what I can see is you're one toasty boi... The Gpu cooking to about 90c is what is dropping the frames which you have already discovered.

Are you using MSI afterburner to OC your GPU if so what is the config you're using.
    If you use techpowerup GPUZ software and screen capture the graphics card, sensors and advanced tab I can have a little lookie into it.

How is your room and laptop ventilation? do you have a cooling pad for your laptop?

What is your GPU fan running at 100%? check armoury crate and SS the home page with all the wigets on it.
    Maybe your blind, MY GPU never went up to 90C. The maximum is always 75C. Average is at 70C below

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by rohmuk3333 View Post
    Hi Please look into the video from this below link,Thank you

https://youtu.be/fNpIR3m9KP8 (GTA5)

https://youtu.be/MGq7sqgvRZw (Rainbow Six Siege)

**************** Point to be noted here is GPU Clock is decreasing from 1400 Mhz to 250 Mhz ...this usually occurs due to bad thermal paste or overheating .I gave it to service center also ,they repasted (thermal paste) ,but issue still persists.Please have a look at those vidoes and suggest me anything i could do . Thanks you in advance ***********************
    based on the video your GPU is 90C. Did you already change the thermal paste?, Is all your 2 fans all working?

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by silvergem View Post
    Maybe your blind, MY GPU never went up to 90C. The maximum is always 75C. Average is at 70C below

Oh SORRY mate it wasn't your video I was watching it was the other guy that was running at 90C

Edited post to reflect that

so watched "your" video are you undervolting? and do you have you got MSI afterburner profile if so what have you boosted your mem and clock speeds to?

Your GPU memory is hitting its cap while playing PubG and when the card is wanting to unload assets that aren't being used the usage is spiking that's why your getting your spikes on that if your undervolting go tweek it so you can get more power into it. then increase the GPU memory and do this underload so your GPU is working while you make these updates
    Last edited by KorosuKivy; 08-16-2020 at 11:01 PM.

New ROGer Array

Oh SORRY mate it wasn't your video I was watching it was the other guy that was running at 90C

Edited post to reflect that

so watched "your" video are you undervolting? and do you have you got MSI afterburner profile if so what have you boosted your mem and clock speeds to?
    I've undervolted my CPU core and cache only (-0.80mv) and don't have Profile set on MSI Burner, Actually this issue is might related to NVIDIA driver since many people has similar problems on there reddit forums with higher spec as well + BIOS firmware

Your GPU memory is hitting its cap while playing PubG and when the card is wanting to unload assets that aren't being used the usage is spiking that's why your getting your spikes on that if your undervolting go tweek it so you can get more power into it. then increase the GPU memory and do this underload so your GPU is working while you make these updates
    I don't think so it is related to GPU memory cap, maximum memory it can handle is 6gb, PUBG was only using less than 2.8gb, Fall Guys was 1.8gb only

I've reverted back my GPU driver version to 436.02 which gave me less stutter (GPU Driver version > 440 stutter/lags on FPS every 1- 2 mins on drivers)
    Last edited by silvergem; 08-17-2020 at 06:57 AM.

New ROGer Array

Well if your dropping frames and your Fans are taking off its due to heat the moment your GPU hits 90C your cooking take yourself OFF the overboost and run normal profiles.

Another reason you fans will be spinning loud is dust and dirt have clogged the intake.

Using Armoury crate what rpm is your fan spinning and what is the reported thermals for CPU and GPU
    My GPU hits a max temp of 82C.
    Where in Armoury crate can you see the RPM? I see no page for that.

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array hexaae PC Specs
    hexaae PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ASUS Gaming Laptop GL703GS
    MotherboardIntel HM370 Cannon Lake-H
    Processori7-8750H
    Memory (part number)32GB DDR4 @2666MHz (dual-channel)
    Graphics Card #1NVidia GTX 1070 8GB
    Monitor1080p 144Hz 17" G-Sync AUO B173HAN03.2
    Storage #11TB SSD Crucial MX300
    Storage #2NVMe Samsung PM916
    Mouse ROG Strix Carry Wireless-BT mouse
    Mouse Pad MouseRug collection
    Headset/Speakers Realtek HD (ALC295)
    OS Windows 10 PRO x64
    Accessory #1 XBox One Bluetooth gamepad
    Accessory #2 Hori Fighting Stick Mini
    Accessory #3 4K Blu-Ray UHD USB Archgon Star

VRM OVERHEATING IMHO
    Quote Originally Posted by rohmuk3333 View Post
    Hi Please look into the video from this below link,Thank you

https://youtu.be/fNpIR3m9KP8 (GTA5)

https://youtu.be/MGq7sqgvRZw (Rainbow Six Siege)

**************** Point to be noted here is GPU Clock is decreasing from 1400 Mhz to 250 Mhz ...this usually occurs due to bad thermal paste or overheating .I gave it to service center also ,they repasted (thermal paste) ,but issue still persists.Please have a look at those vidoes and suggest me anything i could do . Thanks you in advance ***********************
    Judging by the videos, this kind of random slow-down for a few secs (don't be fooled by fps drop in this case, which is just a consequence!) is typical when VRM is overheating. Pay attention: looks different to fps drops that are usually always reproducible in a specific location in the game, or GPU/CPU overheating that will keep lower average fps but still balanced, without cyclical huge slow-downs + fast-forward fps effect at the end like this.

Have seen something like this on GL703GS: then used 1mm pads for VRMs (those silver chokes Inductors + black MOSFETs stripe behind) which completely solved it. For VRAM 0.5mm pads were perfect instead.
    Yes, CPU/GPU sensors still report good temps because it's actually a VRM issue.

P.S.
    Please, notice that VRM can reach very high temps (100-120°C+) which is still perfectly normal for these components, but of course is better to keep temps lower. Random cyclical huge slow-downs like in the videos above (and not constant fps drop) while gaming are a typical clue they do not dissipate well.
    Last edited by hexaae; 08-18-2020 at 04:03 PM.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by hexaae View Post
    VRM OVERHEATING IMHO

Judging from the videos, this kind of random slow-down for a few secs (don't be fooled by fps drop in this case, which is just a consequence!) is typical when VRM is overheating.
    Have seen something like this on GL703GS: then used 1mm pads for VRMs (those silver chokes Inductors + black MOSFETs stripe behind) which completely solved it. For VRAM 0.5mm pads were perfect instead.
    Yes, CPU/GPU sensors still report good temps because it's actually a VRM issue.

P.S.
    Please, notice that VRM can reach very high temps (100-120°C+) which is still perfectly normal for these components, but of course is better to keep temps lower. Cyclical slow-downs like in the videos while gaming are a typical clue they do not dissipate well.
    On my case, I've already replaced the VRM's with K5-pro paste. Still I got this mini stutter which is related to nvidia driver version + firmware updates

hexaae PC Specs
    Processori7-8750H
    OS Windows 10 PRO x64

Stuttering is something completely different and not the case shown in the videos above.
    I do not recommend K5 Pro as it degrades with time BTW. 1mm pads for VRM are long lasting and the best choice (I have a long experience with K5 Pro, many different pads with different W/mK, and many different thermal pastes).

Stuttering = random "hiccups" due to bad frame pacing while gaming
    Slow-down = you randomly see the scene slow-motion-like with a fast-forward effect at the end in different games (VRM overheating 99.9%)
    FPS drop = constantly lower fps in a specific scene or looking in a specific direction in the game
    They have different symptoms and different causes.
    Last edited by hexaae; 08-18-2020 at 04:09 PM.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by hexaae View Post
    Stuttering is something completely different and not the case shown in the videos above.
    I do not recommend K5 Pro as it degrades with time BTW. 1mm pads for VRM are long lasting and the best choice (I have a long experience with K5 Pro, many different pads with different W/mK, and many different thermal pastes).

Stuttering = random "hiccups" due to bad frame pacing while gaming
    Slow-down = you randomly see the scene slow-motion-like with a fast-forward effect at the end in different games (VRM overheating 99.9%)
    FPS drop = constantly lower fps in a specific scene or looking in a specific direction in the game
    They have different symptoms and different causes.

Before and after I replaced VRMS (with K5-pro), The FPS dropping issue is still existed. Also based on your comment and TaitOgr which one is true?

Please see below of your comment history in https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...ighlight=k5pro

"After many tests using Arctic (6W/m²K), Gelid Solutions GP-Extreme (12W/m²K) pads 1mm, 0.5mm, or K5-Pro, and using thermal paste Noctua NT-H2 and Gelid Extreme I can say best results are with 0.5mm pads Gelid Solutions GP-Extreme + Gelid Extreme. K5-Pro wasn't any better: maybe it's good because it's sticky so it's safer for best contact, but in the end the theory of slowing down VRM's heat dissipation using K5-Pro (~5.5W/m²K) wasn't correct. Best solution was using the highest W/m²K THIN pads."
    "Gelid GC Extreme for CPU/GPU. Replaced with 0.5mm >4 W/mK pads on VRAM, and 1mm 6 W/mK pads on the VRMs above CPU (those shiny silver Inductors chokes + the small black MOSFETs stripe behind):"
    Here you're recommendation is 1mm pad, before it was combination of 0.5mm
    Last edited by silvergem; 08-20-2020 at 03:44 AM.

hexaae PC Specs
    Processori7-8750H
    OS Windows 10 PRO x64

Yep, in my case for my heatsink on GL703GS 1mm for VRM only and 0.5mm for VRAM is the best solution in the end. Yes, in the past I thought 0.5 for both VRM + VRAM were good but after some months I noticed some random slowdowns ( = insufficient pad-heatsink contact for the VRM, again).
    ATM after so many experiments (K5Pro, 0.5-1mm Gelid Pads 12W/mK, generic pads with lower 5-6W/mK giving same results, many different thermal pastes like Gelid GC Extreme, NT-H2, MX4, ThermalLight TF8 etc....) I recommend as above + Gelid GC Extreme thermal paste for GL703GS.

VRM: under big 1mm pad stripe are the silver chokes Inductors to "stabilize" voltage as a resistance, and behind are the MOSFETs that regulate voltage and are susceptible to bad dissipation and too high temps causing whole system slow-downs mentioned above and visible also in the videos. I've read they can normally work at very high temps (~100+ °C)

This is how I screw back the heatsink in detail:
    - keep gently pressed the heatsink over pads only, don't push down cpu/gpu to avoid "bounce effect" potentially causing micro-holes in the thermal paste when you lift up your hand
    - while keeping heatsink over pads gently pressed, follow screw order carved upon heatsink (1 to 8) but don't screw them tightly yet
    - last pass: screw them tighter following the order again while you apply a very small (!) force over CPU and then GPU

Hey... I'm not a Electronic Engineer but that's what I've learned so far that could help others, and I'm not responsible for any damage to your HW...
    Last edited by hexaae; 08-25-2020 at 06:58 AM. Reason: typos correction

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast