New ROGer Array

Memory-related BSOD on TUF FX504GM E4388

Hello everyone!

I have recently bought a TUF FX504GM E4388 notebook with an extra 8 GB DDR4 RAM. In the last weeks there were several BSOD-s with memory management (0x0000001a) and critical structure corruption (0x00000109) errors. The BIOS ver. is 303 and I have a 64bit Win 10.

Hardware diagnostics don't show any problem, and after hours of running driver update softwares, I'm pretty sure that everything is up-to-date.

The only thing I can think of is that the windows is unable to manage the two different memory modules, because there is one with RAM speed of 1200 MHz and one with 1333 MHz.

Could this cause several BSOD-s? If this is the reason, should I ask for a module with the same speed (I believe the one with 1333 MHz is the original), or should I set the speed to 1200? Also, where can is do this, I'm unable to find it in the BIOS.

Thanks for your help!

Super Moderator Array

Welcome to the forums!

In my opinion hardware diagnostics will not always be able to test the memory the same way as when you use it, so you probably just want to remove the new memory if possible just to confirm the BSODs don't return and if there is an easy way to do this, swap the memory so the system is only using the new memory you purchased recently by itself to confirm the new memory is not defective or incompatible with the system.
    Haven't checked how easy it is to swap the original memory on this model yet though.

If both memory modules run in the system okay by themselves, there could just be some compatibility issue with the 2 different memory modules together, but don't know of any settings or ways to fix this other than changing memory.

==============

Others may really know more about this or have more experience with it if you want to check with more people, but sometimes it can be better to use 2 memory modules of the exact same brand and model although you may not always need to do this, so you may want to decide the best way for you to approach it.
    You can also just try a different memory module (of the same speed as the original memory?) and hope that it works, but there's not an easy to be sure that memory will work unless somebody else has already tried that exact same brand/model of memory and have the same original memory as you.
    Thanks.
    Last edited by cl-Albert; 12-31-2018 at 10:17 PM.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array raju2529 PC Specs
    raju2529 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)R542UQ-DM153 ( X542UQ.305 )
    MotherboardAsus motherboard
    ProcessorIntel core i5 7200u @2.5Ghz
    Memory (part number)Adata 2400 Mhz 16GB
    Graphics Card #1intel Hd 620 graphics 1GB DDR3
    Graphics Card #2Nvidia GeForce 940MX 2GB GDDR5
    Graphics Card #3nil
    Graphics Card #4nil
    Sound CardRealtek HD Audio controller with codec 294
    MonitorLcd monitor
    Storage #1Samsung 850 Evo 250GB SSD M.2. 2280
    Storage #2Seagate 2TB 2.5inch. Toshiba 1TB 2.5 inch
    CPU CoolerBuilt-in
    Casefrom factory
    Power Supply65W
    Keyboard Built in keyboard
    Mouse Built in mouse
    Headset Philips HeadSet
    Mouse Pad nil
    Headset/Speakers Realtek with ice sound
    OS Windows 10 Insider Preview 64bit 1903build no 18950.1001
    Network RouterBsnl Wi-Fi modem with router
    Accessory #1 Dell Mouse
    Accessory #2 Laptop Cooling table with fan
    Accessory #3 Secureye Usb finger print scanner

I can able to bsod reasons. I need meMory dump files. So share the dump files to online storage and then paste the link