cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Memory-related BSOD on TUF FX504GM E4388

Stickhorse
Level 7
Hello everyone!

I have recently bought a TUF FX504GM E4388 notebook with an extra 8 GB DDR4 RAM. In the last weeks there were several BSOD-s with memory management (0x0000001a) and critical structure corruption (0x00000109) errors. The BIOS ver. is 303 and I have a 64bit Win 10.

Hardware diagnostics don't show any problem, and after hours of running driver update softwares, I'm pretty sure that everything is up-to-date.

The only thing I can think of is that the windows is unable to manage the two different memory modules, because there is one with RAM speed of 1200 MHz and one with 1333 MHz.

Could this cause several BSOD-s? If this is the reason, should I ask for a module with the same speed (I believe the one with 1333 MHz is the original), or should I set the speed to 1200? Also, where can is do this, I'm unable to find it in the BIOS.

Thanks for your help!
2 REPLIES 2

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
Welcome to the forums!

In my opinion hardware diagnostics will not always be able to test the memory the same way as when you use it, so you probably just want to remove the new memory if possible just to confirm the BSODs don't return and if there is an easy way to do this, swap the memory so the system is only using the new memory you purchased recently by itself to confirm the new memory is not defective or incompatible with the system.
Haven't checked how easy it is to swap the original memory on this model yet though.

If both memory modules run in the system okay by themselves, there could just be some compatibility issue with the 2 different memory modules together, but don't know of any settings or ways to fix this other than changing memory.

==============

Others may really know more about this or have more experience with it if you want to check with more people, but sometimes it can be better to use 2 memory modules of the exact same brand and model although you may not always need to do this, so you may want to decide the best way for you to approach it.
You can also just try a different memory module (of the same speed as the original memory?) and hope that it works, but there's not an easy to be sure that memory will work unless somebody else has already tried that exact same brand/model of memory and have the same original memory as you.
Thanks.

I can able to bsod reasons. I need meMory dump files. So share the dump files to online storage and then paste the link
Intel i5 7200U_ Nvidia 940MX _Windows_11_Enterprise_64bit_22H2_buildno_22621.754