cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[PG27UQ] Help needed.

Inborn
Level 7
Greetings,

I recently bought the PG27UQ gaming monitor. I noticed that at random times, the screen would blink with "HDR is on" message showing up. I tried different configurations (changing refresh rate), including disabling HDR, but sadly that blink still occurs, regardless whether HDR is on or off. The blinking tends to happen more often while not in a game. I plugged the Displayport cable into different slots on my GPU (RTX 2080 Ti), but that still didn't solve the issue. Bear in mind that I'm using the Displayport cable that was included with the monitor.

Additionally, I downloaded the WHQL driver for the monitor but that didn't do anything. Lastly, I've re-installed the latest WHQL driver from Nvidia (417.35) and even then tried the latest hotfix driver (417.58). Didn't help.

I do like the PG27UQ, and this is the one and the only issue I'm having with it, so I honestly don't want to return it. This is, however, an issue that I cannot simply ignore, and I'd greatly appreciate it if someone would tell the reason why this issue is happening. Perhaps it's an issue with the Displayport that came with the monitor?

Thanks in advance.
1 REPLY 1

cekeu
Level 12
This is probably because the HDR mode is enabled in the Windows 10 settings.
Click on the Start menu and then on the settings, System icon, in display disable Windows HD Color