cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rog strix b450-f gaming

JCJMC
Level 7
In this thread we can put the news and doubts of the ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING.
New BIOS:
Version 1201
2018/12 / 288.36 MBytes
ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING BIOS 1201
Improve system performance.
Add CPU PCIe Lanes Unlocked item in BIOS when plugging in AMD Athlon 2XX series processors.
98 REPLIES 98

barahona
Level 7
I installed the 1201 BIOS on my B450-I and now Corsair's iCue software no longer see's my Vengeance Pro RAM installed.

I've installed 1201 and so far it seems stable and has little issues. Occasionally my pc has issues booting and has a white led. I'm still trying to figure out what's causing it. I suspect that it might be a memory issue since booting in safe mode has a 100% success rate compared to booting it with the proper timings.

mewthree4253 wrote:
I've installed 1201 and so far it seems stable and has little issues. Occasionally my pc has issues booting and has a white led. I'm still trying to figure out what's causing it. I suspect that it might be a memory issue since booting in safe mode has a 100% success rate compared to booting it with the proper timings.

I also happen to start with white led. With the previous firmware it seems that it had disappeared, but with this it has happened to me once. In the rest of the sections, everything is fine.

Hello. I have this mobo. I like it, but i wonder why my lower RGB segment is not working. Not a big deal, but do i have to turn it on somehow? There is no sticker on it or else, i checked. Il ad a picture of the rgb segment im talking about. Thanks for any reply.

MuchyCZ wrote:
Hello. I have this mobo. I like it, but i wonder why my lower RGB segment is not working. Not a big deal, but do i have to turn it on somehow? There is no sticker on it or else, i checked. Il ad a picture of the rgb segment im talking about. Thanks for any reply.

The reason it's not working is, that there isn't RGB Illumination. Only the IO-Cover has RGB

Keep giving boot errors, to see if they get a BIOS to fix this problem.

JCJMC
Level 7
Rockford wrote:
I removed this version after 5 minutes, and "downgraded" to 1003
1003 no problem running memory solid at 3533mhz, 1201 and i almost manged to hit 2933mhz ))
I wont upgrade from 1003, its working great with this motherboard B450i
I don't know what they did to 1201, but it wasn't improving my systems stability for sure
(its no harm running an older bios version)

The previous version of the bios had no errors at the beginning, you have to think about installing it instead of the latest version.

I am running the 1201 BIOS and have no issues with it so far.
My 16 GB (2x8GB) G.SKILL TridentZ RGB run great at their rated OC speed of 3200 MHz.

A new BIOS is released: Version 2008
You need to install AMD chipset driver 18.50.16 before updating the BIOS.

Has anyone already tried it?