Power SupplyEVGA Supernova G3 750
    Keyboard Razer Blackwidow Chroma v2
    Mouse Razer Deathadder Elite
    Headset Hyper X
    Mouse Pad Gamers Nexus
    OS Windows 10 Pro
    Network RouterNetgear Nighthawk R7000

Quote Originally Posted by Anaterasu56429 View Post
    Hello. I had a version of BIOS 2501. When updating BIOS to version 2704/2801, the computer does not start, the red LED is on. I press reset, and the computer starts, that is, the computer starts on the second attempt. On version 2501, there is no such problem.
    Ryzen 3600x, Patriot viper RGB DDR4 16 gb 3200 mhz
    PVR416G320C6K (xmp).Sorry for my English
    I have the same issue with with BIOS 2801 and 2704, the red led staying on while trying to boot my new Ryzen 3600x. I have installed the latest chipset driver while I had my r5 2600x installed along with the BIOS update to 2704. After no luck, put my 2600x back in to try the 2801 BIOS, same issue with trying to boot. Then when it did decide boot after a few restarts, I got a Windows blue screen after the post screen saying I have to reinstall Windows. 3rd time I put my 2600x back in to try a different BIOS, 2501 seemed to boot my 3600x without any issues. Now I can't play Destiny 2 because it won't launch...fml Asus

ROG Enthusiast Array

I learned after updating bios that I would need to clear the cmos, otherwise the board would not boot. You can use a screwdriver as asus cheaped out and did not provide a tiny jumper. Turn off and remove power before doing this of course.

ROG Enthusiast Array DMAN999 PC Specs
    DMAN999 PC Specs
    MotherboardROG Strix X470-F Gaming
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 7 3700x
    Memory (part number)G.Skill Ripjaws V 16GB (F4-3600C16D-16GVKC) @ 3733 MHz
    Graphics Card #1MSI RTX 2060 Super Armor OC
    MonitorDell S2316M
    Storage #1Samsung 850 Evo 500 GB SSD
    Storage #2Crucial MX500 nvme m.2 SSD
    CPU CoolerArtic 33 Esports Edition
    CaseRosewill Challenger
    Power SupplyRosewill Photon 750
    Keyboard Cooler Master MK120 RGB
    Mouse Cooler Master MS120 RGB
    Mouse Pad SteelSeries QcK Gaming Surface
    OS Windows 10 x64

Quote Originally Posted by vBDKv View Post
    I learned after updating bios that I would need to clear the cmos, otherwise the board would not boot. You can use a screwdriver as asus cheaped out and did not provide a tiny jumper. Turn off and remove power before doing this of course.
    I always set the BIOS to Optimized Defaults and reboot Before a BIOS Update then Clear CMOS after the Update using these steps:
    - Unplug the PC (PSU).
    - Then press the Power Button for at least 30 seconds (the on board ROG LEDs will sometimes flash after 20-30 seconds to show that all power has been drained from the board).
    - Use a flat headed screwdriver to short the CLR CMOS (CLRTC) Jumper (Touch both jumper pins with the screwdriver) for at least 15 seconds.
    - Plug the PC back in.
    - Press the Power Button to turn the PC on.
    - Repeatedly tap the DEL key
    - A screen should come up telling you to press the F1 key, do that.
    - Set the Optimized Default settings and Press OK (this is on the EXIT tab)
    - Save and exit the BIOS.
    - Tap the DEL key again to enter the BIOS and change any settings you want changed then save and exit again.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by vBDKv View Post
    Mine is randomly locking up with the ram led lighting up. My build has been working fine for over a year now. So weird.
    Turns out it was my sound card, which I "altered" by cutting off an LED as it was annoying me. Turns out Creative actually use the SAME circuit for ground (sound blaster z), so that eventually made my pc go crashing as the board would kick in esd protection. That is just hilariously bad design by Creative, and oddly enough, good design by asus.

Edit: Cutting off the 2nd LED seems to have fixed it. Also, Creative does not use the LED circuit for ground.
    Last edited by vBDKv; 11-27-2019 at 12:42 AM.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9