cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need a ROG 3 slot SLI Bridge

Rargo
Level 7

Seems they do not exist anymore. Everyone has the new ones and out with the old. The new SLI bridges do not work with 1080's
Don't want to order one from Australia for over $200.
Anyone know where one is in stock?
14 REPLIES 14

JustinThyme
Level 13
What *MOBO?
The spacing on these is misleading. *
3 slot would be if you have 1 empty space between the boards which is uncommon and unwise if you are cooling with air. I bought a 3 slot and it was not what I needed. The 3 slot cheapo that came with the MOBO equates to a 4 slot HB. I learned the hard way.

3 slot

4 slot
77880*

Yes the new is no longer called SLI, it’s NV link. *

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

JustinThyme
Level 13
4 slot in my installation R6E

77881*

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

rjbarker
Level 11
Its a friggin mess as the manufacturers dont use a standard naming process....my RIVE and all other HEDT Boards have 4 PCI-E slots each slot being 40mm apart..(and using Slot 1 and Slot 3 is 80mm)..the Maximus XI Extreme and z370/390 Board are "3 Slot boards" BUT the spacing is 60mm. (for the top 2 slots which you would use for GPU's)......BUT some manufacturers refer to 3 Slot as in spacing GPU's in top slot and 3rd slot of an HEDT (4 Slot Board)......it really is a mess (unless all you use is HEDT...as in the RVIEposted above).....

This is also includes EK Terminal Blocks for SLi....need 60mm apart.
That 3 Slot you posted IS the correct one..I saw it as well in Australia $200...yeah right....settled on the MSI 3 Slot (60mm) I found on eBay for $35.....I'll have an LEd dragon on my case 😉

.....you HAVE to know its 60mm spacing ...wish all of em would simply include that loittle bit in there description...would take all the guess work out of it!!! I couldnt find the right one for my MXI-E here in Canada until I got on eBay...even then I had to settle on an MSI HB Bridge..........hey ASUS...how about throwing in a decent ROG HB Bridge in all Extreme Mobo boxes instrad of that terrible looking piece of crap...I mean c'mon...the Extreme Boards as in Maximus and Rampage are north of $800 here in Canuckland!!!

JustinThyme
Level 13
Again, it’s MOBO dependent. I had a 3 slot older ASUS that isn’t the same as the new one on a M8E then M9F is different and the new 3 slot works. Now R6E takes a 4 slot but only in this weird convention. I’m still at a loss how they named these.*
Yes they should at least make some effort at a better bridge. Doesn’t have to be RGb but cmon! Not junk!

JustinThyme wrote:
Again, it’s MOBO dependent. I had a 3 slot older ASUS that isn’t the same as the new one on a M8E then M9F is different and the new 3 slot works. Now R6E takes a 4 slot but only in this weird convention. I’m still at a loss how they named these.*
Yes they should at least make some effort at a better bridge. Doesn’t have to be RGb but cmon! Not junk!

Its the OP I was trying to help...the 3 Slot he posted IS the right one.(thought you said it was the wrong one...dont matter)......thats the only thing I found frustrating going to these
z390 Boards from my X79 RIVE Board...at least on those HEDT Boards there all the same spacing from Board to Board...as in X58 to X79 to X299....guess I wasnt prepared ....

Yeah I dont get it....with the gear in the box...I remember many years ago my X58 Evga Classified Board came with 3 or 4 different SLi Bridges........oh well..I like the looks of the MSI one.......we'll all be on NV Link soon enough 😉

rjbarker wrote:
Its the OP I was trying to help...the 3 Slot he posted IS the right one.(thought you said it was the wrong one...dont matter)......thats the only thing I found frustrating going to these
z390 Boards from my X79 RIVE Board...at least on those HEDT Boards there all the same spacing from Board to Board...as in X58 to X79 to X299....guess I wasnt prepared ....

Yeah I dont get it....with the gear in the box...I remember many years ago my X58 Evga Classified Board came with 3 or 4 different SLi Bridges........oh well..I like the looks of the MSI one.......we'll all be on NV Link soon enough 😉

Didn’t see any board specs so just trying to help to save a possible mistake. We’ve had this convo in another thread. :cool:**

Rargo
Level 7
I have a 3 slot that does work but the lighting is stuck on red. So annoying in my blue build.

davemon50
Level 11
My suggestion for Asus is to make a nice ROG connector that is adjustable and therefore universal. I am not a manufacturer, but I think it could be done via a sliding "catch" if you will that mates up wiring that is sort of stacked. When you spread the slider, it still looks rigid, and the layered wiring beneath the ROG visible cover telescopes but stays connected (overlapped and hidden).

I'm sure I didn't explain it well. 🙂 But in essence, the exact slot dimensions of the board would become a moot point. Sort of a "1 size fits all" deal, but high speed high quality ROG branded device/connector.
Davemon50

davemon50 wrote:
My suggestion for Asus is to make a nice ROG connector that is adjustable and therefore universal. I am not a manufacturer, but I think it could be done via a sliding "catch" if you will that mates up wiring that is sort of stacked. When you spread the slider, it still looks rigid, and the layered wiring beneath the ROG visible cover telescopes but stays connected (overlapped and hidden).

I'm sure I didn't explain it well. 🙂 But in essence, the exact slot dimensions of the board would become a moot point. Sort of a "1 size fits all" deal, but high speed high quality ROG branded device/connector.

In my searching for a decent Bridge I thought I came across just what your talking about.....its adjustable and slides.....but I guess we'll all be transitioning to NVLink over time....gets even more complex when trying to figure out what is and isnt compatible with EKWB's 😉