cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BIOS 6401 freeze on EZ flash

Upgrade01
Level 7
Trying to update from 3008 to 6401 but when I select "yes" to read the file my system locks up. Are other people having this issue?
6 REPLIES 6

AfterShock
Level 9
its always been that way but should become responsive after a min, if not then it's something else. did you reset to factory defaults before you attempted to flash?

AfterShock wrote:
its always been that way but should become responsive after a min, if not then it's something else. did you reset to factory defaults before you attempted to flash?

I sat there for like 10 minutes. The first time I forgot to set everything to default. But then I tried again with everyone set to default and the same issue.

AfterShock
Level 9
are you by chance using the windows unzipping utility? I've found that using that sometimes screws up the bios file. Try unzipping it with winrar and if that fails google crosshair vi hero bios flashback if you have a fat32 thumb drive.

AfterShock wrote:
are you by chance using the windows unzipping utility? I've found that using that sometimes screws up the bios file. Try unzipping it with winrar and if that fails google crosshair vi hero bios flashback if you have a fat32 thumb drive.

I have used the BIOS flashback feature plenty of times when the board first came out due to all the issues that were going on with the earlier updates. This is the first time I have had any sort of issues with actually flashing the bios. I think I'll just wait a bit due the fact that 6401 just came out. I shouldn't have to jump through hoops to update the bios, I feel like it is a sign to wait. Anyways, thank you for the winrar suggestion, I will give that a try.

daverhodus
Level 7
I have the exact same problem. Did you figure out a solution?

This is the closest thing that I've found: http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-3855034/crosshair-hero-bios-update.html

I can confirm the issue, tried to upgrade C6H from bios version 3502 to 6401 and EzFlash would hang before flashing, right after selecting the file from from localstorage or after 99% dowloading from the internet.

I solved my issue by first flashing 3502 -> 6004 and then 6004 -> 6401, this worked.