cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crosshair 7 Hero + Corsair iCUE RGB Products Bug

Dicehunter
Level 10
After a fair bit of testing I can confirm that the latest 1103 bios for the Crosshair VII Hero WiFi does indeed stop Corsairs iCUE software from working properly especially with Corsairs Vengeance Pro RGB memory and newly released light enhancement kits.

I flashed the older 1003 bios, Tested with iCUE and concluded the newer 1103 bios does indeed cause compatibility issues, I retested each bios 3 times and each time uninstalled iCUE and reinstalled it to make sure and each time it delivered the same exact result.

The older 1003 bios also has various compatibility issues with Corsairs iCUE software but not as many as the newer version.

So Asus software peeps, Do your magic please, Work a bit with Corsair to resolve this 😄

16 REPLIES 16

Dicehunter
Level 10
Update - I talked to a Corsair employee on their forums and he/she said there's only so much they can do, Meaning an updated bios to remedy this is needed, It also seems to affect several Asus X99 and X370 boards.

Just chiming in to say that this is not an isolated incident, I'm having problems too. When I initially posted this back when 1003 was released a few people were saying "Well I'm not having that problem!" So yeah, it's good to know I'm not alone. There are literally dozens of us!

I'm going to try today's update and see if it's any better. Fingers crossed.

Edit: BIOS 1201 is okay so far, no more surprise disconnects from my H150i. Still getting absurd mouse lag in the bios, but I can work around that.
Edit 2: Nope, BIOS 1201 is still buggyaf. Back to 1002 I guess. =/

I am also having this issue too, currently on Bios 1103. My memory is not being picked up in iCUE.

They have released Bios 1201... need to google around to see user experiences with that bios.

barahona
Level 7
I am having the same issue myself. iCUE no longer sees my RAM and therefore can not change it's lights on any BIOS after 1003.

KillerGamerCat
Level 7
I have tried contacting Asus and Corsair about this issue and the issue still is not fixed with the newest bios revision. I don't think I'm going to buy an Asus motherboard again...

Are there any critical reasons to move from 1002? My system if fairly stable (trying to figure out random power loss after moving to idle from heavy loads which can only be resolved by disconnecting power). I can live without the RGB on the memory for a bit while hoping that an update is provided if there is critical reasons to update.

Thanks!

pyden wrote:
Are there any critical reasons to move from 1002? My system if fairly stable (trying to figure out random power loss after moving to idle from heavy loads which can only be resolved by disconnecting power). I can live without the RGB on the memory for a bit while hoping that an update is provided if there is critical reasons to update.

Thanks!

These were the updates notes for the last 2 bioses. The main thing is the AGESA upgrade, but I think that was just memory compatibility improvements.

ROG CROSSHAIR VII HERO BIOS 1103
1. Update AMD AGESA version to 1.0.0.6
2. Improve system stability

ROG CROSSHAIR VII HERO BIOS 1201
Improve system performance.
Add CPU PCIe Lanes Unlocked item in BIOS when plugging in AMD Athlon 2XX series processors.

Dicehunter
Level 10
Any update on this yet ? The latest bios helps my ram get up to its full speed but still stops it from showing up in the Corsair software.

I can confirm that this Bug does not appear on the 1002 Release of the UEFI. I hope thius Issue will be adressed. I see forward to buy New Ryzen 3000 Prozessor and if this Bug is not fixed I will be really screwed.