cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

B450 Motherboard Boots to BIOS Instead of Windows

notjack
Level 7
Hey,

I am new to PC building and I just finished a new rig, but I am experiencing a small issue. Currently I am running a Ryzen 5 2600 on a ROG STRIX B450-F Gaming motherboard. When the system starts up it loads to a screen that says "Press F1 to enter setup" and I have to go into the BIOS then BOOT and then select my SSD from then BOOT Override portion to enter Windows. However, Windows has been working just fine, I would just like to boot straight to windows. Something I suspect may be the problem is that I am told there is a CPU fan speed error. I'm using a Corsair H100i Pro and don't have a fan plugged into CPU_FAN or CPU_OPT.

Thanks to anyone in advance for the help.
4 REPLIES 4

xeromist
I believe that AIO should have a fan connector to plug into the CPU fan header, no?
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

rjbarker
Level 11
Plug in your CPU Fan monitoring cable into one of those onboard Fan Headers (as stated above)......I had the same thing with mine when I was using an H60...also ensure you have selected the correct Drive (with W10 installed on it) as your Primary boot device.

Thanks for the responses.
The connectors coming out of the pump are a USB connector, SATA Power, and a fan splitter for the radiator fans. Not really sure what I would plug in to the CPU fan header.

xeromist
Double check the AIO manual to make sure what connectors you should have. Most have a fan connector with a single wire specifically to avoid CPU fan warnings. If yours is cut or missing you could either connect a random fan or look for a BIOS option to disable CPU fan warnings. Many motherboards support this.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…