Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG-MAXIMUS-X-HERO_BIOS_Upgrade ?

Flourgrader
Level 7
Hi Tech Guys,
I have the ROG MAXIMUS X HERO M/B without the Wi-Fi integrated onto the M/B
I am going to upgrade the BIOS
From ROG MAXIMUS X HERO BIOS 1602 (date 2018/07/10)
To
ROG MAXIMUS X HERO BIOS 1801 (date 2018/12/21)
Can I run the BIOS upgrade utility in the BIOS and upgrade the latest
Version off my USB drive ?
Or is it more complicated than that ?
Should I reset the current BIOS back to Factory Default settings ?
Should I upgrade to BIOS version 1704 (2018/10/02)
Then to BIOS 1801 (date 2018/12/21) ?
Or can I skip this 1704 version ?
I am making an assumption that this is the correct BIOS to download
https://www.asus.com/uk/Motherboards/ROG-MAXIMUS-X-HERO/HelpDesk_BIOS/
As I know there are 2 versions of this motherboard one with Wi-Fi and the other without wifi.
One BIOS does both motherboards ?
Thanks for your help Guys.........
16 REPLIES 16

Menthol
Level 14
Yes you can upgrade the bios from a USB drive from within bios, very easy, it will reboot a couple times after upgrade to upgrade firmware
You can skip the other bios version without issue
The web page you linked looks like the correct bios for non WiFi
Don't know if same bios for both boards, just download the one from support page for your board

GatorHawk
Level 7
Hello Do You know of a good support for My ASUS GeForce GTX 1070 Graphic Card,it has a slight sag thks.

GatorHawk wrote:
Hello Do You know of a good support for My ASUS GeForce GTX 1070 Graphic Card,it has a slight sag thks.

There is a nvidia graphics card forum in these forums.

ROG Hero XIII | 10900k @5.2 GHz | g.skill 2x32GB 4200 CL18 | ROG Strix 2070S | EK Nucleus 360 Dark | 6TB SSD/nvme, 16TB external HDD | 2x 1440p | Vanatoo speakers with Klipsch sub | Fractal Meshify 2 case

GatorHawk wrote:

You should post in the Nvidia section of these forums for an answer, but here are numerous video card supports that can be purchased online a simple google search will show you

Flourgrader
Level 7
Hi Menthol,
Thank You for the info,it was well appreciated !
Happy New Year to you...

Menthol
Level 14
Your welcome, have a happy and prosperous new year

why r u updating the bios..if ur not having issues..leave things alone

1PYTHON1 wrote:
why r u updating the bios..if ur not having issues..leave things alone

That's just plain wrong. There can be microcode updates for the CPU like for critical security issues (like SPECTRE/MELTDOWN), there can be bios improvements, memory compatibility issues. Updating the bios isn't as risky as it once was but it's a double edged sword.

On the one hand, the is that saying yes "if it aint broke, don't fix it". But on the other hand you also have the issue to update the bios so you won't GET the issues the update addresses in the first place.

Take me for example. I'll be building a M10F + 9900k system soon, the first thing i'll do is update the bios. Why? Cause the patchnotes specifically say 2 of the 3 issues i mentioned above.

- Improved system stability and performance.
- Updated Microcode for 8-core CPU.
- Improved DRAM stability.

youre comparing a new system to an already existing one...https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1010535 read the q&a regarding..when should i update bios and drivers..answered by asus. ive been doing this for 20 years. if u have built the system and u havent updated the bios..then by all means..but dont just update because there is a new one,which is more to my point...wtf is wrong with this site..this is the 3rd time ive had to post this