cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GL702VMK with USB-c monitor? (Acer H277HK)

Stembe
Level 7
UPDATE 29.1.2019: Apparently the problem is in the monitor as the gl702vmk works with USB-C dock without a problem. Sent the monitor for a warranty repair.

Hi,

Has anyone been able to connect the ASUS gaming laptops with Thunderbolt 3 USB-C to a external monitor using the USB-C connection?

I purchased ACER H277HK 4K monitor with USB-C connection. The monitor also has a USB hub with two USB 3 ports. My computer (GL702VMK) tries to connect to the monitor, but is not able to do so. There is a message apperaring from Windows saying "Display connection might be limited". I've tried to connect with the monitor's USB cable (USB 3.1 gen 1) and I also purchased another cable (Belkin USB 3.1 gen 2), no luck with either one. The Gen 2 cable was able to connect to the monitor with my other computer (Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Carbon, 5th gen) using the Thunderbolt 3 USB-C connection (ps. gen 1 cable only supported 4k@30Hz, gen 2 with 4k@60Hz).

The monitor works with hdmi cable (4k@60Hz), but if the USB-C cable for the USB hub is connected, computer tries to connect to the monitor causing the hdmi connection to also disconnect. I've tried everything I can imagine, bios is the latest 303 and also Thunderbolt 3 driver is up to date (actually this was the first recommendation from asus support). Does anyone have suggestions on how to get the monitor working over the USB-C connection? Windows version is Windows 10 pro (64bit, version 1809).

According to the ASUS FAQ page, this computer should be able to handle video transfer from the USB-C connection.

Any help is higly appreciated! Thanks!

-Stembe
0 REPLIES 0