cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 10 1809 Asus driver issues

srsbsns
Level 9
I just got Windows 10 1809 via auto update and a few issues happened.

First up I'm missing the Sonic Studio and volume icon from Asus in the system tray( yes its set to show all icons). When I try to start Sonic Studio it says "The Software cannot be opened. You should install your audio driver first". I noticed that the Realtek High Definition Audio is now using driver 6.0.1.8531 with a date of 9/4/2018.

So asus does not have a downloadable audio package for 1809?
2 REPLIES 2

JustinThyme
Level 13
Did you uninstall everything, clean the orphans and reinstall? I’ve had similar happen more than once. Same drivers just reinstalled fixed issues.*

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

MrAgapiGC
Level 13
I belive is windows. I run test on all configuration. The only whay to avoid is rol back to 1803. I run 1803 for almos a week no issues. I n fact perfect. Now i try some other drivers. There is no way to use realtek, old new almost mid way drivers. Ot even stock drivers that are on the website. In my case codexi. But that is not all. there is or feels like a cascade failure. A MS certified tech was last weekend. the resolucion was. roll to 1803, he stop the update to 1809 and was perfect. For now since RMA will NOT HAPPEND is to use BT speakers, usb headphones or a external or pcie sound card.
Learn, Play Enjoy!