cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus gl502vmk high temps when gaming

nightparadox
Level 7
I've repasted my laptop with arctic silver 5. Previously i hit 93 to 96 C when gaming now i hit 89C or 90 max. Is this okay and safe temps? My ambient temperature is 30C. I should mention my cpu is i7 7700hq and hpu is gtx 1060.
2 REPLIES 2

JustinThyme
Level 13
Good lord, 30 C ambient? A bit on the warm side no? I’m not accustomed to that in the least. Even when it’s warm in the north east US I keep my house at no more than 24C.
90C with a 30C ambient on a laptop is not out of the question. A bit warm but you have another 10C before it starts throttling. Just keep it on a solid surface, not your lap or on a bed. If you must have it on your lap then a solid surface. Idea is to not restrict airflow. Surprisingly we’ve had more than one come to the forums with high temps just to find out it was sitting on a bed blocking the inlet.

Some folks have undervolted to drop temps. Maybe drop you game settings back a notch. *

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

JustinThyme wrote:
Good lord, 30 C ambient? A bit on the warm side no? I’m not accustomed to that in the least. Even when it’s warm in the north east US I keep my house at no more than 24C.
90C with a 30C ambient on a laptop is not out of the question. A bit warm but you have another 10C before it starts throttling. Just keep it on a solid surface, not your lap or on a bed. If you must have it on your lap then a solid surface. Idea is to not restrict airflow. Surprisingly we’ve had more than one come to the forums with high temps just to find out it was sitting on a bed blocking the inlet.

Some folks have undervolted to drop temps. Maybe drop you game settings back a notch. *

Yeah I've already undervolted my laptop too. I guess this is nornal then. Yeah it's goddamn hot where im from