cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poseidon 1080ti flimmering monitor

Sverre
Level 9
Since I have some trouble with my main PC I thought I'd use one of my Poseidon GTX 1080 ti on my spare (Rampage V Extreme with a 5960X). It worked for a couple of hours, but I noticed the card got very warm (for playing Cities Skylines, which isn't very taxing on the GPU, as I understand it, and no water cooling). 40% load and 82C. Could it be that I use a 550 watt PSU? That it doesn't get enough power to do it's job?
[/URL]
5 REPLIES 5

Sverre
Level 9
After I got the problem I wasn't able to re-boot. Every time I would get a lot of green dashes all over the screen, except where the boot-logo is, and it would go into Windows repair mode. Everything works fine with the old GTX 960.
[/URL]

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?107674-Maximus-X-Formula-dead#post752759
Sverre wrote:
When I did this I had a water leak, but the fluid I use isn't conducting

You have a lot of hardware dying after a coolant leak.

If I were you I would dismantle everything and strip stuff back to bare electronics and clean it all with a suitable solvent and then make sure everything is bone dry before proceeding

Water is conductive...even very pure water will almost instantly become conductive when it hits exposed surfaces...

Sverre
Level 9
I had a small leak, maybe 10ml, on another motherboard, what does that have to do with this question?!
[/URL]

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
You listed...

Sverre wrote:

Intel core-i7 8700K
Asus ROG Maximus X Formula
2 x Asus Poseidon GTX 1080 ti
64GB Corsair Vengance DDR4 LED
Corsair AX1600i
Samsung EVO 960 250GB (C-drive)*

in your other thread...then said

Sverre wrote:
Since I have some trouble with my main PC I thought I'd use one of my Poseidon GTX 1080 ti on my spare

Am I wrong in thinking the suddenly compromised 1080Ti is from the compromised system? that this is unrelated?

Arne Saknussemm wrote:
You listed...

in your other thread...then said

Am I wrong in thinking the suddenly compromised 1080Ti is from the compromised system? that this is unrelated?

The question is: Is a 550 watt PSU able to power the spare rig when a Poseidon 1080 ti is added. The leakage I had would most probably not facilitate an error like this, this seems more like a performance issue, thus the question about the PSU.
[/URL]